Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Preety_India

What is a woman

7 posts in this topic

I have always pondered on this question from time to time. 

It's not easy for me to answer. 

I observe other women. Of course I observe men as well. 

I want to explore my own womanhood in subtle and not so subtle ways and at the same time make sense of all the women, both past and present and how I view them 

Edited by Preety_India

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

I think sometimes we misunderstand women or A woman a lot. We tend to see them as a monolith, something that has to be a certain way with prepackaged values and traits versus as separate entities from each other who differ in traits, values, perspectives and not just facial features. 

How do I see myself as a woman?

I don't have much to say, I see myself as a very feminine woman. I haven't cultivated my masculine side enough. 

It's something I deeply lack. I try to be masculine in some ways but I really can't. 

Yet I think it's necessary to integrate the masculine as well because it makes you well rounded

Often times when I reflect on myself as a woman, I realize that much of what the world thinks of me is born out of their own assumptions and prejudices around me, a reflection of their own projections and and identity they base me off of, I'm helpless to change that not that I really want to, but what they think of me or my intentions is usually starkly different from what's running through my mind, a lot of the time someone thinks that I must have an agenda behind what I have said, when for me it's as simple as existing and just being me for the most part, doing what I like and saying what I feel 

I could easily blow up a firestorm, yet most of the time I'm not looking from the point of view of my own desirability, but just being in my own world, most of the time, not that I don't care about if someone likes me or not (in a diffident defiant way ) but in my own introverted shy manner, I just tend to block out such thoughts and feelings, somehow it tends to escape my mind, and I'm floating in my own little world, weaving my own tapestries out of my own cloth, unaware of what's going on outside, and singing to my tune, if someone is listening, it makes me glad, but I'm not singing loud enough for everyone to hear. 

My own desirability does not come to me straight from the rulebook, it's something I've never really paid much attention to, it never occurred to me that I'm a woman, unless someone stated it emphatically to me, in which case I immediately recoil into my reservations. 

You seem so wise to have any questions on something like this surprised me. Have you had your God realization? That almost seems silly to ask I know 

@Adrian325 it's not a question. The question is only meant to serve as a title to stimulate internal dialogue.