Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
melodydanielluna

Advice for balancing self-actualization with hobbies/relaxation/pleasure?

3 posts in this topic

Can you reach your full potential as a human being while still doing stuff like playing video games?

I write pieces that make the reader think.

www.melodydanielluna.com

In my opinion, depending on what you value the most. See what's true in your case, and balance those activities. Video games can be very valuable as a way to developing human potential, or just mental masturbation that keep you from getting in touch with the potential you seek.

Do what's best for you, evaluate for yourself

In my case, a year ago I was more inmerse in video games. Now I am more in touch with music and I naturally walked away from them. I totally loved to play and they were like my first life purpose (just playing them), but now I value a better purpose for me (music). I keep playing ocassionally and nothing wrong everything fine

Edited by Human Mint

@melodydanielluna If I go off the title, the balance is really nuanced and you build it dynamically with experience. You are uniquely different, so there's no formula. It's evident you can't only break your back working, cause you'll burn out and live life without any enjoyment and if you only relax, you'll never be fulfilled. When, how exactly, what frequency and so on - that's for you to figure out. 

There's no inherently bad way to relax, you just have to be brutally honest with yourself whether you are doing this in the healthy manner or not. And from you asking the question, I'm pretty sure you are not aware. I myself was playing a lot of games a few years back. I stopped them altogether. For this stage of your life, it's best to redirect that energy for more constructive relaxation practices. But of course I can be wrong. That's why it's always about where exactly you are at.