Grant6

How To Stop Being Reactive?!

5 posts in this topic

I am emotionally reactive to the world. I'm reactive to my girlfriend's bad moods, Im reactive to people in general who I interact with, family members, also events that happen in real life: I become overly excited about things and also overly dramatic/sad about things and come to assumptions. It's affecting my growth because I try to talk to someone but I get discouraged everytime they look uninterested or if me and my girlfriend are going through somethibg between us I always get down instead of being a man and helping the situation. This reactivity is turning me into a wimp. How do I stop being reactive and start being happy?

The only thing that has helped me a lot to stop feeling identified with my thought and reacting to everything was the mindful meditation.

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

One more here

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

Stop listening to that voice. At first its really hard. But the more you do it the easyer it gets.

Stop being reactive and start being responsive.  Then choose whether or not to respond. When you are reactive people can use it against you to string you along.  When you are responsive, you hold the power.

Edited by Bronsoval