Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lucas Kehr

How can the ego improve itself?

5 posts in this topic

If the ego, the sense of "I," is the source of our chronic frustrations and illusions, then how could "i" improve that which needs to be improved? It's literally impossible to lift myself from my own bootstraps, so why try to do so? Isn't self-actualization and self-improvement the greatest waste of time and energy because of this apparent situation?

How can the one who needs improved do the improving? IT CAN"T because there is no such thing as "I"

What's really confusing us are all the symbols, nouns, and ideas that are really nothing at all!

Instead of trying to do the impossible and teaching ways to improve ourselves while using a language that suggests there is an Improver (Noun) and a subject who needs improving (Verb), why isn't there a central focus on empiricism, on feeling and sensing our union with the universe? Instead of giving how-to, step-by-step methods of getting to some result, why don't we focus on exploring and expressing myth and philosophy that disassembles our mirage of thought and symbolism so that we're left with that which can't be and never needs to be improved? Better yet, why don't we create a new language that's more conducive to understanding reality?

The more rapt in ideas and symbols I get, the farther away from Truth. The more rapt in THIS, in __!__, in all there is beyond thought, the closer to Truth.

17 minutes ago, Lucas Kehr said:

How can the one who needs improved do the improving? IT CAN"T because there is no such thing as "I"

If you are not the ego then what are you?

If you are that which improves your ego then you must be in a higher sate compared to your ego in order to first see how fucked up your ego is then go for improving it, then why even you need an ego in the first place? 

People go for self-actualization without first asking themselves what they are and what is this "self" which they wanna improve.

Yes IMO that's very stupid.