Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lyubov

what blood & urine tests should I get done?

3 posts in this topic

I'm a man in late 20s. I'm gonna drop some cash on getting some lab work done just to make sure everything is in order or if I have any imbalances. 

This is what I'm looking at

Comprehensive Health Check - Men's

https://www.healthtestingcenters.com/package/comprehensive-health-check-mens/ this is $1999 and tests a ton of stuff

Comprehensive Metabolic Panel 14 (CMP14) — CMP blood test measures levels of 14 individual components to assess overall health.
Urinalysis (UA) — Examines a urine sample for the presence of proteins and other signs of infection
Complete Blood Count (CBC) with Differential — Measures red and white blood cells, hematocrit, hemoglobin and platelets
Hemoglobin A1C (HgbA1c) — An A1C blood test, measures the average amount of glucose (blood sugar) over the past 2-3 months to screen for diabetes or monitor existing diabetes
Microalbumin:Creatinine Ratio — Evaluates the ratio of albumin (protein) to creatinine (waste product) in a urine sample to evaluate kidney function
Insulin — This test is used to measure the amount of Insulin in the body.
C-Peptide — Measures the level of C-peptide to evaluate insulin production
Lipid Panel — Cholesterol test for LDL, HDL, Total and Triglycerides. (aka Lipid Profile).
C-Reactive Protein Highly Sensitive (hs-CRP), Cardiac — hs-CRP blood test measures the level of C-reactive protein (CRP) to help assess risk for heart disease and inflammation.
Homocysteine — High levels of homocysteine in the blood are related to a higher risk of coronary heart disease, stroke, Alzheimer's disease and osteoporosis.
NMR LipoProfile — Measures the number of LDL particles to assess risk for heart disease. AVAILABLE AT LABCORP ONLY.
Lipoprotein(a) — The Lipoprotein (a) test is used to measure the amount of Lipoprotein (a) in your blood. Lipoprotein (a) is a particle in your blood that carries proteins, fats and cholesterol.
Apolipoprotein B (Apo-B) — Measures the level of apolipoprotein B (apo-B) to help assess risk for heart disease
Coenzyme Q10, Total — This test measures the level of CoQ10, a vitamin-like compound that is found in the body.
Thyroid Profile — Measures T3 Uptake, T4 and T7
Thyroid-Stimulating Hormone (TSH) — Measures the amount of thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH) to evaluate thyroid function
T3 (Triiodothyronine), Total — Measures the total amount of triiodothyronine, T3, to evaluate thyroid function.
T4 (Thyroxine), Free — Measures the amount of free thyroxine (T4) to evaluate thyroid function.
T3 (Triiodothyronine), Free — Measures the amount of freely circulating triiodothyronine (T3) to evaluate thyroid function.
Thyroid Peroxidase (TPO) Antibodies — Measures the amount of thyroid peroxidase (TPO) antibodies to help understand the cause of thyroid disorders.
Lactic Acid Dehydrogenase (LD) — This test is used to measure the level of Lactic Acid Dehydrogenase (LD) in the blood.
Gamma Glutamyl Transferase ( GGT) — This test is used to measure the level of the enzyme, GGT in the body.
Expanded Liver Panel — Measures levels of several enzymes and proteins to assess liver function
Growth Hormone (GH) — Measures the amount of growth hormone to evaluate pituitary function.
Estrogen, Total — Measures the amount of estrogen hormones to help assess fertility and related issues.
Dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) Sulfate — Measures the level of the DHEA sulfate hormone to assess adrenal function.
Insulin-like Growth Factor-1 (IGF-1) — Measures IGF-1 to evaluate pituitary function
Sex Hormone-binding Globulin (SHBG) — Measures the level of sex hormone-binding globulin.
Testosterone, Free & Total — Measures the total level of testosterone, including the small portion circulating freely in the body.
Parathyroid Hormone (PTH), Intact — Measures the amount of intact parathyroid hormone to evaluate parathyroid function and abnormal calcium levels.
Estradiol, Sensitive — Measures the level of estradiol with increased sensitivity for men and post-menopausal women.
Pregnenolone — This test measures the amount of pregnenolone in the blood.
Progesterone — Measures the level of progesterone to help assess fertility.
Prostate-Specific Antigen (PSA) — PSA test measures the level of prostate-specific antigen (PSA) to evaluate prostate function in men.
Carcinoembryonic Antigen (CEA) — CEA is associated with certain kinds of cancers, especially colon and rectal cancer. Elevated CEA levels are also found with other cancers including pancreatic, gastric, lung, ovary, and breast.
α-Fetoprotein (AFP), Tumor Marker — AFP (Alpha-Fetoprotein) in the blood can indicate certain types of cancer, especially cancer of the liver, testicles, ovaries, stomach, or pancreas.
Carbohydrate Antigen (CA) 19-9 — The Cancer Antigen 19-9 (CA 19-9) blood test is a powerful tool for the detection of pancreatic or gastrointestinal cancer.
Cancer Antigen (CA) 27.29 — The CA 27.29 is the premier blood test for breast cancer. In fact, the CA 27.29 is the only blood test specific for breast cancer.
Cancer Antigen 15-3 — Often used to determine treatment of breast cancer and to monitor the treatment of breast cancer.
Vitamin D, 25 Hydroxy — Measures the amount of vitamin D, an important factor in bone strength
Ferritin — Measures level of ferritin to assess iron deficiency or iron overload.
Vitamin B12 & Folate — Measures the amount of B12 and folate (folic acid) to screen for nutrition or absorption issues and certain types of anemia
Vitamin C — The Vitamin C blood test measures the levels of Vitamin C in the blood.
Vitamin B6 — The Vitamin B6 blood test measures the levels of Pyrodoxine in the blood.
Vitamin B1 (Thiamine) — The Vitamin B1 blood test measures the levels of Thiamine in the blood.
Iron & Total Iron Binding Capacity (TIBC) — Measures the amount of iron available to bind to proteins, providing additional information about possible iron deficiency or iron overload
Zinc — The Zinc blood test measures the level of zinc in your body.
Vitamin K1 — This Vitamin K blood test measures the level of Vitamin K in the blood.
Vitamin A — Measures the amount of vitamin A, an important factor in eye health
Vitamin E — Measures the amount of vitamin E, an important factor in overall health
Beta Carotene — Measures the amount of beta carotene, a factor in vitamin A levels
PLAC (LP-PLA2) — This test measures the amount and activity of Lp-PLA2 in the blood.
Low-Density Lipoprotein (Direct) — The direct low-density lipoprotein test (direct LDL-C) measures the amount of LDL cholesterol.
Uric Acid — Measures the level of uric acid to help diagnose gout

Also gonna get this done

Heavy Metal Profile, Urine

This is a urine test for lead, mercury, cadmium, and arsenic are the most common types of heavy metal exposure

And finally

Cortisol

Measures the level of cortisol to assess for adrenal or pituitary disorders

The total for all this is $2350. Is this a rip off? I'm in the US and it would be done through labcorp. 

Would you say this covers just about everything? Should I get anything else done? I'm mostly curious about testosterone and boosting energy levels!

Edited by Lyubov

Sounds excessive unless you got some serious medical condition that needs tracking. And even then it would be wiser to do specific narrow tests for your condition.

Cortisol needs to be measured using a saliva test home test kit, not blood work.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

17 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Sounds excessive unless you got some serious medical condition that needs tracking. And even then it would be wiser to do specific narrow tests for your condition.

Cortisol needs to be measured using a saliva test home test kit, not blood work.

I don't have a condition. just curious to see if anything is low or out of order or could be improved. overall energy is fine. some brain fog and occasionally lowish mood/energy but my diet is pretty mixed with a decent amount of junk food and I haven't been exercising lately. maybe it's a bit of a frivolous investment. I wanna see what my testosterone level is as well, maybe try to maximize it. I think I may just do it all to get an idea of my overall health. I think most will come out fine though so probably better just cleaning up diet and doing exercise again. 

EDIT: Decided to go with comprehensive hormone panel for men, basic general health panel and heavy metal urine testing. 

if the first two check out and are good I'm gonna move on to doing heavy metal detoxing if the third is off. wanna maximize my energy, mental clarity and creativity. 

gonna focus on diet and exercise next. 

Edited by Lyubov