playdoh

Did I do the right thing?

6 posts in this topic

I was taking a quick 5 minute meditation break and felt a desire/(“intuition”) to text someone but didn’t. I didn’t want to be reactive to my emotions/intuition. After meditation ended I lost the desire & didn’t text back for over an hour. It’s been over 4 hours now and the person hasn’t replied back. Did I do the right thing?

This is someone I respect and trying to be friends with. I feel I live in a city where the flow is fast. To many this may come off as I’m not interested. 

If this would have been one of my longer strong determination sittings, then I would certainly have not answered.

What do you think?

P.S. How can you tell the difference between impulse, desire and intuition?

Edited by playdoh

I'm still exploring a lot in this area. I occasionally get impulses that I initially judge as disruptive or bad, but they lead me to something amazing. For example, a few weeks ago, I had a random impulse to clean out my purse and when I did I found in an open pocket, ready to fall out at any point, an antique gold ring that I had misplaced and had no idea was in there. I'd like to say you know by how it feels but you often can't because it's information that we are interpreting, so if you have a purely good impulse but misinterpret it, it feels bad. The misinterpretation is that the impulse is wrong. An impulse that feels purely AMAZING and like inspiration is always good. If it feels like a compulsion of some kind, explore it and watch your resistance to changing your routine or being disrupted from it. An intuitive impulse often feels like it came from nowhere, it's much different from being bored and wanting to check social media. It's not a mind pattern. An impulse that is clearly interpreted and leading you to what you want feels like inspiration. Ultimately, you did the right thing because you can't do the wrong thing, but maybe asking this question was exactly what you wanted to come out of it, not the result of the text. Who knows? Can't go back and dissect it. 

Edited by mandyjw

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

12 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

I'm still exploring a lot in this area. I occasionally get impulses that I initially judge as disruptive or bad, but they lead me to something amazing. For example, a few weeks ago, I had a random impulse to clean out my purse and when I did I found in an open pocket, ready to fall out at any point, an antique gold ring that I had misplaced and had no idea was in there. I'd like to say you know by how it feels but you often can't because it's information that we are interpreting. An impulse that feels purely AMAZING and like inspiration is always good. If it feels like a compulsion of some kind, explore it and watch your resistance to changing your routine or being disrupted from it. An intuitive impulse often feels like it came from nowhere, it's much different from being bored and wanting to check social media.  An impulse that is clearly interpreted and leading you to what you want feels like inspiration. Ultimately, you did the right thing because you can't do the wrong thing, but maybe asking this question was exactly what you wanted to come out of it, not the result of the text. Who knows? Can't go back and dissect it. 

Hmm thanks. It did feel like more of an inspiration than a compulsion. I know in the grand scheme of things I can’t do no wrong thing, but I’m still in the matrix playing by its rules :)

Edited by playdoh

8 minutes ago, playdoh said:

but I’m still in the matrix :)

That's what YOU think. ;) 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

1 hour ago, mandyjw said:

That's what YOU think. ;) 

I don’t want to get off topic , but how do you mean?