Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wind

How To Reconcile Limiting Belief Of "i Shouldn't Want To Be Successful"?

5 posts in this topic

I'm setting financial and business goals right now. And I was doing it I noticed that I have a limiting belief which usually prevents me from succeeding. After watching a lot of advanced Leo's videos and realizing that with ego I'm never gonna be happy, I created this belief that I shouldn't want to be successful (seek business success and achievements), because I might build my identity around being successful. But on the other hand, while building value-generating business, you go through experiences and face challenges that humbles the ego. Have you ever had this? How to reconcile and re-frame this belief?

Edited by Wind

Don't try to skip stages. Leo first became an entrepreneur. Got successful in business. Then he went to that "identity" and "enlightenment" thing cause that moved him more.

Whatever you do, please be gentle with yourself!

I'm working on similar issues at the moment.  After a long bout of unemployment that followed being fired from a dumb job that I despised (one of many!) I am now establishing a new business - it's not THE business, but it's a bloody start!

Aiming low, doubt, unjust guilt and judgment have marred my happiness for decades...has left me unprepared for the discipline of business, and virtually devoid of entrepreneurial vision.   The depth of the darkness I experienced is too intense to talk about here...which is absurd, because my life is pretty good over all.  

Simply start.  Shut out the chatter of others.  Immerse yourself in your own kindness...it's a hard road, and you'll feel like shit sometimes - but it DOES get better.

@Wind If you're trying to start a business, you definitely want to cultivate a thirst for success and excellence or you won't have a chance in hell.

There's nothing anti-spiritual about success, as long as you don't get addicted to it or neglect your spiritual practices.

Look as how the Jews handle it! Success and spirituality all in one! Or the Amish, or the Arabs ;)

There are plenty of traditions where you can kick ass by day and be deeply spiritual by night. Try grounding your success in your spirituality. As in: when I succeed, I help raise the spirituality of all around me.

I remember reading a book by a deeply spiritual guy who sold diamonds during the day. He was kicking ass at both.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Wind This was a big problem for me for a while as well. One thing that helped is doing a meditation and getting in touch with my inner wisdom even for just a few seconds. If you do that notice that your authentic self doesn't actually demonize success. Demonisation of the ego may seem like the smart thing to do but deep down you know it's neurotic and it isn't helping you.

Another thing that helped me is asking myself questions like "am I completely sure that success will get in the way of spiritual progress?" and "is my current identity any better or more spiritual than the identity I would have after achieving success?". These are good if you've had this limiting belief for a long time and it has become sticky because they open your mind to other ways of thinking.

Edited by BHL_20