Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fridjonk

7 Day Water Fast ?

10 posts in this topic

I've decided to do a 7-day water fast because it's been a while since I did the 5-day one and I feel like it's time for a detox. I'll be starting tomorrow.

This will also be a semi meditation retreat as well. I'm going to contemplate and meditate as much as I can tolerate. And continue Osho's book of secrets, it contains 112 meditation which I'd love to try some of them out while fasted. I just started no-caffeine and nofap as well and am currently on day 4 on those. I feel like quitting all these things I've been attached to at once will help a lot, as I've discovered works best for me.  

I won't be exercising and will be doing minimal activities other than maybe stretching. 

11 hours-

And the fast has begun! 

Water for breakfast, yummy! :D 

Thank the lord I have a SodaStream machine, I'll be using it a lot. 

Good luck! I haven't tried fasting for more than one day, but it's always been a dry fast, Islamic style. I wonder how different this practice is.

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

@Gesundheit Thanks. Dry fasting is a lot harder I can imagine, but not as healthy from what I've read and it's not been studied as widely as the water fast. 

I've instantly noticed how much of a comfort food is. It feels very strange to not eat at all, it's an alien feeling to deny yourself the comfort you so look forward to every day of your life. I've also noticed how sneaky the mind is at trying to get out of this situation, a cold shower would be a good reset right now. 

Well, I fasted all day only to discover I won't be having time for peace and quiet meditation this week due to family visiting over easter. So I broke the fast just now and will start after Sunday. :S

@fridjonk :D

Reminds me of this meme:

56596f8b61c42.jpeg

I guess one of the best things about stage Blue spirituality is that you don't feel alienated by practicing it, because everyone is practicing it it, too. Muslims fast together for a month each year. So, it's the other way around, and you'd be alienated if you didn't fast.

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

Well, only if you live in a fitting stage blue environment. Practising blue spirituality in an orange or green environment is rough, too. Actually, it is the last week of the Christian Lenten season right now.

7 hours ago, fridjonk said:

Well, I fasted all day only to discover I won't be having time for peace and quiet meditation this week due to family visiting over easter. So I broke the fast just now and will start after Sunday. :S

Even one day water fasting is an achievement and healthy to the body.

@Gesundheit LMAO! xD Yeah, it would certainly be nice to not have to watch other people bake cinnamon rolls like I did yesterday. Felt like torture, but I also like it because it turns into a navy seal type of water fast, only the best survive. :D

@Heinrich Faust I noticed how much better I felt after those 24 hours, so you are correct. 

13-hours

The fast has begun

I'm still torn on if I should allow myself tea or not. I'm pretty sure I'll allow it just to get the potassium and sodium from it.