SamC

How has eating healthier changed your life? What where the top benefits?

27 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, SamC said:

o very often telling us that vegan, raw food diet is the best diet out there while some is saying Mediterranean diet is the best.  Maybe the one doesn´t have to exclude the other one? what do you say?

there probably isn't one diet for all but it seems the Mediterranean is a median carrying the benefits of multiple other with its high content of whole foods , relatively low content of animal food and low alcohol and sugar. Keep experimenting and you'll find out what works for you but I wouldn't leave it till the day problems start to emerge. 

1 hour ago, SamC said:

Do you mind sharing how that passion emerged, I would be curious to know what makes you tick and why this is your " life purpose"

Hit me up if you'd like to talk about that, don't wanna spam the forum

2 hours ago, SamC said:

Thanks a ton man! Any specific book, course, channel or video that come to mind that you would recommend?

oh man, there's a lot. I think Nutritionfacts.org is brilliant. I like Mark Hyman, Rangan Chaterjee and some of Kris Kresser's stuff as well 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

On 3/29/2021 at 4:51 PM, Michael569 said:

You'd first have to assume that ALA can only be found in supplements, the body is creating it constantly in each cell as it is one of the greatest antioxidants intracellularly and a major protector of mitochondrial integrity which is often compromised in conditions like depression, alzheimer's CFS etc. ALA has a great amount of evidence for diabetes and CVD and I'm yet to see evidence of its side effects but I have to admit I am not familiar with the chelating side of it so perhaps you're right on that if somebody has extreme stores of heavy metals.

Yes, it is an endogenous intracellular antioxidant. Taking it exogenously, such that its distribution is systemic, with fluctuations in concentration, is the potential issue. It's not that it's dangerous for everyone. It's that, in those for whom it is dangerous for, it is extremely harmful. It's a very high risk compound -- which isn't obvious at all without a particular/specific holistic view.

Edited by The0Self

On 3/28/2021 at 10:56 AM, SamC said:

help me open up my eyes on how important nutrition is

;)

The body is the temple. What respect do you hold for your temple of our infinite being? 

Doesn’t sound like you really care. Just going through the “getting more in shape and healthy” motions. 

All a big joke to you. 

When you finish this life and taste the clarity you could’ve been experiencing life with, the magnitude of it will have you coming right back to try again. 

But you’ll just keep believing it’s a joke, and pissing on your temple. 

Ok with you if we all stop by and piss on your well being too? 

CbtsD8.gif

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

2 hours ago, Nahm said:

;)

The body is the temple. What respect do you hold for your temple of our infinite being? 

Doesn’t sound like you really care. Just going through the “getting more in shape and healthy” motions. 

All a big joke to you. 

When you finish this life and taste the clarity you could’ve been experiencing life with, the magnitude of it will have you coming right back to try again. 

CbtsD8.gif

Awsome, I get it. Thank you? love the humor

If I wanna feel good, than I should care about my health and diet because that will make me feel even better than I do.

"Sometimes when it's dark - we have to be the light in our own tunnel"

3 hours ago, Nahm said:

wicked xDxD

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@SamC I would just gradually wean yourself off bad food 1 by 1. Don't go hard on yourself, just start with eating healthy food & unhealthy food together, that's better than just unhealthy, then gradually eliminate but first focus on filtered water, essential stuff like fruit, veg protein, eat ice cream too, just gradually eat less ice cream. 

If you haven't done tons of drugs, been exposed to toxins or received TBI be grateful & realise it's actually really easy to clean up your diet & recover at your age. 

Assuming you don't have health or brain fog issues without good food, you'd probably be a beast if you added it in. 

I'm still paying the price for the drugs & cans of tuna. Those after effects don't go away too easily. 

So I'd say gradually eat more healthy but immediately avoid highly toxic foods like tuna, tap water, big fish. There's no reason to ever justify eating them

Edited by Striving for more

@SamC ?? ?? 

Well being btw, choosing it, is choosing that which is appearing as the whole of experience. I meet many people trying to change this, that, the other thing, the past, the future, the self, and the other twenty things... but aligning with well being is the single most fundamental alignment, and every single one of those other ‘things’ is intrinsically, automatically, aligned. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE