Jared Gregory

Meditate Before Work

8 posts in this topic

Hello guys thought i would ask for advice if you were in my situation. I have an audition coming up in the next few days, and i feel relaxed I have learnt the script etc

so my question is this. Would you suggest I meditate an hour before my audition? so when i go in for the shoot I will be more relaxed and aware :)

Peace

I know meditation helps me when I do public speaking. I'm sure it would help you with your audition as well, although just meditating one hour before probably won't do much. You need a habit going.

@Jared Gregory I dont know your mind, but for me the best time is in the morning, as my mind is often full with memory's of dreams and other nonsense. And the meditation helps to calm my mind and clear it out.

@Bob84 thank you for you comment. I have had the audition now I meditated 30 minutes before and I felt calm and relaxed.

From my experience: no.

Why? 

• Meditation used to have stong effect on my moods when I meditated once in a while. Sometimes I got  more nervous than before I sat down. Today it does not do much to change my moods, at least most days. 
  • Since meditation is unpredictable in a sense, a relaxing visualisation would be much more appropriate and in place before your appearance on stage.

Please go with that decision ,  I spend one hour daily for mediation and yoga. Believe me , I don't know how to explain it in words(I was a drug addict during my college days and Meditation and yoga really purified my life )