Podie45

Should I consider this a ''fail''?

3 posts in this topic

My partners and I thought of an idea, after brainstorming for hours, which we thought would be life-changing and we thought there wasn't any competition at all. On top of that, it did align with our interests/passion & we wouldn't have been unhappy creating that business at all.

We spent days thinking of the perfect name, designing the perfect minimalist/professional logo, making a professional HD song for the company (I even bought a Synth) & talking with someone who works in marketing about strategies (he even told us our idea was innovative). We had even planned an advertising budget & found the perfect places to advertise.

And today, I was talking about it with someone and it turns out it has been done thousands of times and we didn't know.

I guess we did make some progress and learned things that will be helpful in the future, but I can't help but feel like we can't go through with it and it's a fail.

Edited by Podie45
I had to add more information & correct mistake

hahah, oldest trick in the book. Learn from the millions of people who have walked this path before you, every mistake and trap has been made millions of times, learn from them, learn from other people mistakes so you dont have to. 

Doing research on the domain space, competition and stealing ideas is the first chapter of any entrepreneurship book. 

Google startup mistakes to avoid. 

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

muahah, happens a lot.
I'd go for it anyway even if there are others already doing it, but try to make it better if you're really in to it, add/change something about it that others don't have/do.
It would suck a lot more, like it was for me, when the project is innovative but it just doesn't go, no one really uses it and the project eventually dies.