Eternity

Do we need drugs to achieve enlightenment?

6 posts in this topic

Rupert Spira comments on whether psychedelics help you find who you are:

We’re you asking “Do we need drugs to achieve enlightenment” or asking us to take on the views of that video? 

good question, anyways, not needed. It can help but not needed at all. Non of my enlightenment experiences or awakenings have taken place because of a psychedelic.

Perhaps the word "achieve" isn't quite the right word.  But I couldn't think of another at the moment.  Some people would consider it achievement, something that they work toward.  Personally I don't.  As  there is no one outside of the I AM state, then there is no one to achieve anything.  I use "we" because I am inviting everyone who is interested in the subject as I am to be included.  It's very hard to speak about anything that pertains to the relative reality we appear to be living in while speaking of an absolute state at the same time.

Edited by Eternity

4 minutes ago, Eternity said:

It's very hard to speak about anything that pertains to the relative reality we appear to be living in while speaking of an absolute state at the same time.

I understand. After a while you will start to integrate these experiences more and more and it’ll become easier to express yourself. 

Yeah, when we have these experiences we become ungrounded or rather see into things and when we come back into a curtain state of consciousness it’s easier to explain. 

btw, even if you talk in a dualistic way and use “we” I’m pretty sure everyone understands the intention behind the words as it’s the intention not the words themselves. Have a lovely day. Peace out ✌️ 

Spira should try listening to that Bach and Beethoven on psychedelics then report back.:D

Psychedelics are an extremely effective consciousness technology. This is how I hope society will one day understand them to be. Responsible employment of the tech to not  be stigmatized or frowned upon. Its preference. 

A person teaches you about a thing he has no experiemce with. Foolishness :D