Madhur

What is this behaviour of mind ?

7 posts in this topic

Whenever i am consuming any types of content, i often find my mind projecting this idea that, you'll be explaining this concept to your friends & teachers and they will get amused by the knowledge you present, I imagine myself to the point that I am just copying the same words from the og creator and telling it to my friends & teachers.

For instance i was watching leo's 9 stages of ego development video and I noticed my mind imagining that some day I'll explaining this to my psychology class and I get so sucked up in this that my mind is less focused in the content and more focused in how I'll be presenting this to my class and I have to back my mind to the content. I don't understand why this happen, it's not even that that I am consuming knowledge to just impress people, I love gaining knowledge and I do care about the truth but this behaviour of my mind gets in the way.

I tried to explore and find what is this behaviour but I am not getting anywhere, What is this behaviour ? Is this people pleasing ? And how do I overcome it ? 

It's normal. It means you want to be a teacher or you love to teach.

Edited by hyruga

@hyruga yeah i do like explaining things, though i am not very good at it haha.

Yeah there is nothing wrong with wanting to share something you find interesting with other people, especially people you care about. The issue is when you need them to be as interested in it as you are. It's a trap that I've fallen for, and am still working on. You don't want to be the proselytizer who people learn to tiptoe around so as to not bring up whatever topic you try to convert them to. 

I experience something similar when I study history, I think Im just insecure. I almost constantly repeat to myself "Will I be able to explain this event well enough to others?" Lol.

Edited by Rilles

Dont look at me! Look inside!

@Elevated i do not impose any idea or concepts to people cuz i know not everybody is interested in whatever i am in, my only problem is i that i tend to lost myself in thinking about how I'll be explaining things to people rather than focusing on the content i am consuming, and it happens too often & I missed out so much content in the mean time, i have to get my awareness back to the content, telling my mind that this is important and not how you'll be explaining to people.