neovox

ego appreciation

6 posts in this topic

Its easy to see why the ego gets shit on so muchs. It's the illusion that keeps us from Truth. Its the source of all of our devilry and suffering. It's the part of us that causes all of our conflict and keeps us from God. Whats not to shit on?!  We don't discussis the value and necessity of the ego for the VAST majority of us. And I mean like 98-99% majority (vastly varying degrees of ego density). We have it because we require it. Thats not negative, it just is. Our conscious development isn't ready to go egoless. We have to experience and internalize all of the stages of development. instead of trying to dissolve our ego prematurely, we might try accepting it,  giving it our non judgmental awareness, keen to its sneaky and selfish nature.. Contemplate its purpose. Its there, I am responsible for keeping it there. Why? What purpose is it serving?   Why do I need my illusory sense of self? Why did I develop it in the first place? How did this belief in selff help me develop as a child? As a teenager I really heaped on the narrative, why is that? What would happen if never had it throughout my development? What happens when a child doesn't develop a healthy ego? And so on...

Point is instead of wanting ego dissolution prematurely,, understand its there because I put it there because I require it for my development.  I'll keep my awareness on it, stay keen to its rascally ways, and fully enjoy the journey of development.  The cliche "the journey is the destination"  Increase your awareness by investing all of it to the present.

22 minutes ago, neovox said:

Why? What purpose is it serving?   Why do I need my illusory sense of self? Why did I develop it in the first place? How did this belief in selff help me develop as a child? As a teenager I really heaped on the narrative, why is that? What would happen if never had it throughout my development? What happens when a child doesn't develop a healthy ego? And so on...

What about when you realize that you never did, and now is before birth, you are already what you are, not even moved? 

22 minutes ago, neovox said:

And I mean like 98-99% majority (vastly varying degrees of ego density). We have it because we require it. Thats not negative, it just is.

Dont make a big deal. As much as you make big deal it gets bigger, whatever you think thats what your reality (ego) is, and if you dont think thats what You are is.

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

@neovox like you too??

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

19 hours ago, neovox said:

Its easy to see why the ego gets shit on so muchs. It's the illusion that keeps us from Truth. Its the source of all of our devilry and suffering. It's the part of us that causes all of our conflict and keeps us from God. Whats not to shit on?!  We don't discussis the value and necessity of the ego for the VAST majority of us. And I mean like 98-99% majority (vastly varying degrees of ego density). We have it because we require it. Thats not negative, it just is. Our conscious development isn't ready to go egoless. We have to experience and internalize all of the stages of development. instead of trying to dissolve our ego prematurely, we might try accepting it,  giving it our non judgmental awareness, keen to its sneaky and selfish nature.. Contemplate its purpose. Its there, I am responsible for keeping it there. Why? What purpose is it serving?   Why do I need my illusory sense of self? Why did I develop it in the first place? How did this belief in selff help me develop as a child? As a teenager I really heaped on the narrative, why is that? What would happen if never had it throughout my development? What happens when a child doesn't develop a healthy ego? And so on...

Point is instead of wanting ego dissolution prematurely,, understand its there because I put it there because I require it for my development.  I'll keep my awareness on it, stay keen to its rascally ways, and fully enjoy the journey of development.  The cliche "the journey is the destination"  Increase your awareness by investing all of it to the present.

Yep,

Nothing needs to happen or not happen.

Its doesn't matter because there is no ultimate goal for anything.

This literally can't be done wrong...Or right ❤

Edited by VeganAwake

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

On 15.03.2021 г. at 0:10 PM, neovox said:

Point is instead of wanting ego dissolution prematurely,, understand its there because I put it there because I require it for my development.

Yep, a really deep trap for a lot of people. Enlightenment is used as an escape from suffering and problems which ultimately backfires. You have to develop a strong and healthy ego first.