Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SQAAD

Why Leo is saying Consciousness is an emergent of cells?

6 posts in this topic

@1:46:15 of this video Leo says basically that my Consciousness is an emergent property of my cells and that those cells are not conscious.

Why is he saying that?? This seems contradictory to the old things he has said in the past.. I thought cells are the emergant propety of Consciousness.

Also how do you know that cells are not conscious? Maybe they are. Taking into acount how intelligently everything works and how i am capable of understanding and knowing things. I assume my cells are pretty damn intelligent and maybe even conscious to some degree!

Edited by SQAAD

I guess he doesn't mean Consciousness with a capital C. He is maybe talking in relative terms, because in the middle of the example he gave, he said "we might say".

Just a guess though.

@cuteguy

17 hours ago, cuteguy said:

I guess he doesn't mean Consciousness with a capital C. He is maybe talking in relative terms, because in the middle of the example he gave, he said "we might say".

Just a guess though.

I tought there was only Consciousness with capital c....

I was speaking assuming the conventional scientific paradigm. I was trying to use simple examples that meet the viewer where he's at, since this episode's goal was to use everyday examples to explain holism. This was not an episode about deconstructing the materialist paradigm.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

On 15/3/2021 at 1:41 AM, SQAAD said:

@1:46:15 of this video Leo says basically that my Consciousness is an emergent property of my cells and that those cells are not conscious.

Why is he saying that?? This seems contradictory to the old things he has said in the past.. I thought cells are the emergant propety of Consciousness.

Also how do you know that cells are not conscious? Maybe they are. Taking into acount how intelligently everything works and how i am capable of understanding and knowing things. I assume my cells are pretty damn intelligent and maybe even conscious to some degree!

I guess it's about human consciousness. Not Consciousness with the capital C