Patrick_9931

Am i separated from reality?

6 posts in this topic

How can I be sure / demonstrate that I am separated from reality?  Can I demonstrate this or it is just impossible to do? What do you think?

There is no you to be seperate. The claim of me in reality is seperation, but it is illusory, meaning it is not happening already. 

42 minutes ago, Patrick_9931 said:

How can I be sure / demonstrate that I am separated from reality?  Can I demonstrate this or it is just impossible to do? What do you think?

Yeah, I think this is going to be a little difficult, given the fact that you are Reality... heh.

Why so serious?

On 3/14/2021 at 7:46 PM, Patrick_9931 said:

Name 1 thing you have ever experienced that has happened outside of your reality?

(actually think on it a few mins)

Ok I cannot find anything that I have ever experienced that has happened outside of my reality

If nothing you have ever experienced has happened outside of reality then how are you separate from it?

Ok I see I'm not separate from it, but why do I think/feel there is a reality outside of me?

Because you don't know your true self, you believe you are your thoughts in your head looking out at reality. Your true self is the awareness of those thoughts. How can something exist outside of your awareness?  Everything that has or ever can happen, happens within your awareness.

All Reality is happening within your awareness. The sun, the heat felt from the sun, the desire for ice cream, the thought 'I want icecream' is all happening within your awareness.

There is no outside of it. You are it. It's all in you.

How could anything be separate from reality? Reality is all there is, or isn't it?

What's the purpose of this question if I may ask?

beep boop

5 hours ago, DefinitelyNotARobot said:

How could anything be separate from reality? Reality is all there is, or isn't it?

What's the purpose of this question if I may ask?

The purpose of the question is to understand if it is possible to logically and empirically demonstrate if we are separated from reality or not.

Ultimately this is me being curious if non dualism is empirically and logically demonstrable.