Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kshantivadin

Optimal way to use modafinil?

3 posts in this topic

What time of the day? Should you eat before? etc etc.

Im not sure about Modafinil but Armodafinil works at least 12 hours (I still feel it after 24 hours..). I think it's best to use it just after waking up.

• It has a giant half-life so take it as early as possible. Preferably as soon as you wake up
  • Reduce caffeine intake if you consume any
  • Some people prefer it with or without food. There's no official recommendation. Test for yourself.
  • Dosage: 25-200mg. Start with 50mg and then go up or down.
    • I don't recommend redosing. I just fucking can't sleep before midnight when I take it after noon.
  • Assume your sleep won't be good the night you take it so you can rest more afterward. Modafinil can make you very motivated and spend more energy, so take that into consideration.
  • Try putting it under your tongue. Crush it and use it as a sublingual powder/pill. Some people swear it works better. Test for yourself.
  • Watch out for allergic reactions. It gave me a severe feeling of sickness and I had to cease taking it.
    • Steven Johnson's syndrome. Search about it.
  • It'll probably give you paranoia. Take that into consideration and try to reduce anxiety in your behavior with meditation/calming techniques.
Edited by Espaim