Someone here

What is peace?

43 posts in this topic

@Someone here It's hard to surrender, everyone has tons of stuff they cannot surrender. Even enlightened people need to survive somehow. 

If you are trying to overcome an obstacle you've been "failing" over and over again. I think you should try to stop trying in situations like these, when you've tried for a long time already. Stop trying to become better, fix yourself, or get out of some muck. Try to stop first and realize that if you cannot let yourself stop trying, then the real issue is not overcoming the obstacle, but rather the NEED to overcome the obstacle.

It's hard to even stop actually. When I was still in church trying to spread the "gospel" and build this righteous self-image, giving up was sometimes a horrific idea, as if Satan would get a hold of me if I swayed away from the path.

But once you're able to stop gradually and get some real rest, the space for creativity comes and allows you to observe the situation from different angles. Leo's videos will give you tons of examples on how to do multiple perspective practices. Life is not two dimensional, there are many ways to grow and develop. Giving up the current path is sometimes THE solution.

I don't want to rant too much, hope this helps a little :) 

On 2021/3/14 at 7:55 PM, Someone here said:

I agree. 

A tangent question tho.prob asked many times before lol but.... .. Why does pain even exist? If God is all powerful and all good.. Why create suffering???

Well, this is a world where there are humans experiencing life in a relative state of unconsciousness, and so we experience all sorts of dualities (which is all good). In being able to experience joy, harmony, and all kinds of thrills, there has to be a downside to those emotions, which is the suffering category of feelings. The two sides cannot exist without one another unfortunately, and people tend to remember only the pain more than the joyful experiences sometimes.

Most people cannot jump out (via enlightenment), so we just have to play the game.

@ted73104 thank you. Very good perspective . :)

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho