Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Preety_India

Living in a Third world country - a total nightmare

6 posts in this topic

Living in India is a huge struggle. 

Living in a Third world country period is a huge struggle. 

I don't know how to do it. 

Growing up I had no idea that I was born in a third world country. But here I am. 

This journal will document my struggle of survival in a third world country if I might even survive to see myself struggling. Because frankly I've just given up.

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

There are no social services here 

Last week I called a suicide hotline and they never picked my calls. 

It's like there's nobody there.. 

My mental and physical condition has been deteriorating to the point that I might have to give up my job. 

The family pressure to get married is too much. 

My family's unsupportive dynamic sucks 

I battle a health condition that I won't discuss here, that's the only thing that I keep off limits. 

It's too tough to survive and I often thought of suicide many many times. 

I don't know what to do.

I really feel there are too many trapped souls in my country. Too many abused children. 

Too much going on. 

Last week an actor in my country committed suicide due to family issues. 

After learning about it, I had a mental breakdown because it mirrored my situation in some ways. 

It's hard to live in a country where the government doesn't give a shit about you. 

Unemployment and population are at their peak. 

Too many rapes. Bad stuff. Like bad juju everywhere. 

Feel a constant sense of helplessness and threat. 

There is massive poverty in my country India and other Third World countries. I myself came from extreme poverty. 

I might lose my job next month and I don't have much left because of my piling medical bills. 

The medical conditions are also a result of working hard under stress for many years. The education system is stressful and brutal. 

I cannot think of the horrors of poverty again. 

There is no security for the poor, the rising prices means its too hard to get a place to rent. Real estate prices are sky high. 

A lot of businesses are shutting down because of corona including the place I work at. 

There are no stimulus packages in my country. 

I think a Universal Basic Income is greatly necessary in poor countries to get people out of poverty.. 

Also most jobs are procured by men in my country. Women are offered much less pay or not offered the job at all. 

Most women struggle to get a job in my country because of the gender dynamics always being in the favor of men. 

This causes a lot of women to be forced into arranged marriages for survival. It's a tough situation to be caught in. Most people don't prefer to have daughters and daughters are generally considered a burden by most families. 

My idea is that a universal basic income in my country and other similar countries would be a great way to lift people out of poverty and offer them some hope in terms of survival. 

I also think there should be a strict population control agenda put in order by World Health Organization or similar entities to control the overpopulation in India and other eastern countries that are overpopulating the planet. 

The population in my country is too hard to cope with. Traveling is difficult. If you're at the doctor's office, there are just too many people. The doctors get tired attending to so many people. Too many suicides because of despair and joblessness and family issues. 

I think India is stuck in a rut. Stage Blue Dogma and corruption is eating out the system alive. It causes massive suffering because nobody cares about the environment or the community or social issues. People tend to become extremely selfish.

The downside of such Universal Basic Income is that people will keep producing more kids. Which leads to more unemployment, strain on resources and more poverty. 

If people are incentivised to get an income without producing more kids, and care more about community and environment, a lot of our problems in third world countries can be handled. 

The population problem itself has turned into a stiff bottleneck causing massive unemployment and exploitation as desperate people turn to desperate measures.

I learn about suicides daily. 

Some of my friends committed suicide because of unemployment and they come from middle class families and they couldn't deal with the pressure of mounting financial distress. 

People seem to understand the gravity of the situation only when the gun is turned on them. As long as the gun is on another person's temple, nobody cares. People just let others fall through the cracks. 

The question is how long is the suffering in third world countries going to continue. 

Every leader elected is either stage Red or stage Blue and there is no leadership, no solving issues, either they make problems worse through corruption or they are simply indifferent and choose to turn a blind eye. 

The conditions in third world countries are nightmarish. There is no insurance from government and even if it exists, it's all namesake. 

Government hospitals are a joke and private clinics raise a huge bill. 

There are hardly any psychological resources for people, extremely few psychiatrists per capita. The nation is dealing with a silent wave of depression as a result of decades of poverty and crisis. 

Child abuse is rampant. Rape is rampant. There is no safety or any concept of social security. Law enforcement is a joke. 

There is no 911....just no public security services. You only rely on your family and most family dynamics are shitty. 

There are no social services to ask for assistance from in case your family kicks you out or harasses you. 

Just recently an actor committed suicide a week ago because of family harassment.. It's like a daily story. Everyday Someone ends up as the victim in this Russian Roulette. 

People turn a blind eye to each other's problems because they don't want to disturb their cushy positions. People are used to seeing suffering and simply ignoring it. There are no social security benefits in case things go south in your life. No cover. No protection. Government erected buildings for any sort of hope are a joke because they are unclean with no electricity, no basic facilities and no resources. 

I think a major overhaul is needed in third world countries because most people feel trapped by virtue of being born in such unfortunate circumstances. It's not someone's fault if they are born in such environments. But living in a third world country is a total nightmare and I feel sorry for anyone who feels trapped like me in such countries. 

@Peter Miklis it's much more than religious dogma. 

The patriarchy is very dangerous here which means women hardly have a say in what happens in their lives 

They are shipped off as slaves by families 

Women are forced to marry or die. That happened to my mom. 

Forced marriages are far too common. 

And economic resources are scant. 

The most painful thing that bugs me is the lack of social services. 

I wish India would wake up to the horrors of the helplessness of the youth, family issues and mental illnesses. 

Things that are largely brushed under the carpet by an elitist Stage Orange/Blue mentality.