Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Frogfucius

Loving Everything

2 posts in this topic

I never really understood what people meant when they said they love everything. They love everyone the same, even love non-moving objects. I just couldn’t find that level of love, and I thought, what does anything deserve love for?

But now, I’m starting to realize what they mean by this universal love. I’m not separate from the environment – I am the environment! I can smile at someone, and they’ll smile back. I can knock on a desk, and it makes a sound back. Even the sun deserves love – look at it in its glory! Who would be able to see it shine so brightly if this planet didn’t contain life? The environment is here to play with. Not just the external world are affected by this now, but the internal as well. If I didn’t have pain, how would I know joy? If I didn’t have thoughts, how would I know what no-thought even feels like? There can’t be a separation of “good” or “bad”, because the two need each other, and they are one! Just recognizing these things feels amazing.

I must be entering yet another phase of this development. These realizations just kind of creep up out of nowhere.

10 minutes ago, Frogfucius said:

what people meant when they said they love everything.

Only at the highest peak, when love is not a relationship any more, when love becomes a state of your being. The real thing is not a relationship but a state; one is not in love but one is love.