soos_mite_ah

Physical Pain While Doing Shamanic Breathing

5 posts in this topic

I cant go more than 4 minutes of shamanic breathing without being out of breath and getting this REALLY painful pins and needles feeling in my legs. My legs also feel really wobbly after I stop for about another 2 minutes. 

Is this normal? 

Am I doing the technique wrong? 

If I can't do it for more than 3 minutes now for a 30 minute session should I do 10 3 minute intervals with breaks in between? 

Does this mean that I have a lot of trauma or does it mean my body is simply adjusting? 

I want to make sure that I do this right considering everything that could take place when doing this exercise. 

I have faith in the person I am becoming xD

https://www.theupwardspiral.blog/

You're hyperventilating, and if you're not enjoying the results, it might not be for you.  Have you tried the Wim Hoff method as an alternative?  I really love how it goes from deep breathing to holding your breath. Remember to love your body first and foremost, it's a connecting exercise, not a beat yourself into submission exercise.

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

7 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

You're hyperventilating, and if you're not enjoying the results, it might not be for you.  Have you tried the Wim Hoff method as an alternative?  I really love how it goes from deep breathing to holding your breath. Remember to love your body first and foremost, it's a connecting exercise, not a beat yourself into submission exercise.

Been using this video for the past two weeks! Super powerful stuff. It seems to instantly reset and dissipate my stress levels as well as an odd increase in willpower. This nice thing about this guided session is 1) it's guided, 2) it's short, and 3) it's enough to see an immediate difference. 

@mandyjw I tried this method and found myself feeling even worse. 

I also noticed that after a few minutes of this breathing, I found myself feeling calmer immediately afterwards for the next few hours. Then, later last night I started gaining a lot of insights on stuff I'm working through. I don't know if those things are the product of the breathing I did or what but that's what happened to me. 

I have faith in the person I am becoming xD

https://www.theupwardspiral.blog/

@soos_mite_ah  Very cool! I find the Wim Hof breathing really intense but also really effective too. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost