Dodo

I'm Being A Smartass

20 posts in this topic

So my ex wrote to me asking "what's up".. and I was like - "Relatively or ultimately?"
She said - "So you don't want to tell me..." - clearly not understanding something big is about to drop.

Then I said - "Relatively, I am on my way home with the train. Looking forward to tea and meditation."

"Ultimately, I am nothingness being aware of itself, so nothing is up!"

BOOM POW WHATS UP SON?

To which she replies:

"Aham"

Gosh, now I know why she's my ex.

:D

🌟

🌟  The  🌟 Logos 🌟

🌟

And the point of this thread was...? 

The realization that you are awareness is nothing special. Knowledge of who you are does not make you special. We are all the same awareness, which means that ultimately none of us is unique. But since there is only one awareness, it means that we are existentially unique. No need to climb onto a high horse and look down on others just because you have removed some ignorance. 

1 minute ago, OrdinaryAwareness said:

And the point of this thread was...? 

The realization that you are awareness is nothing special. Knowledge of who you are does not make you special. We are all the same awareness, which means that ultimately none of us is unique. But since there is only one awareness, it means that we are existentially unique. No need to climb onto a high horse and look down on others just because you have removed some ignorance. 

the point of life was?

🌟

🌟  The  🌟 Logos 🌟

🌟

Just now, OrdinaryAwareness said:

Never said there was one. 

Thats a good answer to your question too. You are arguing with yourself. In so many levels

🌟

🌟  The  🌟 Logos 🌟

🌟

Just now, John Flores said:

@Dodoster @OrdinaryAwareness Guys there is a purpose to life. The infinite I am clearly created an illusion of duality so clearly something is supposed to take place to some degree. We just can't know what that is. Does that make sense?

Or you can stick to everything just beinthe way it is, but most enlightened people don't go in that directions.

Well in my point of view thhe purpose of life is to enjoy. And also the opportunity of ending the cycles of rebirth aka realizing true nature or whateva. But dont jump me (ordinaryawareness) its my own /relative/ view 

🌟

🌟  The  🌟 Logos 🌟

🌟

8 minutes ago, Infinite said:

Bro I watched this video this morning. It's far from what's happening here :D

Didn't you read what OrdinaryAwareness say? 

The realization that you are awareness is nothing special. 

Although I would not say it this way, I would say yeah, it's pretty easy to be aware that you are aware. And since you can't find yourself, you're nothing (no ego) - so what do you want me to lie that nothingness is not aware of itself? Im just saying the truth, where is the spiritual ego :| Just following my experience here, but you are judging me based on your biased mind.

Edited by Dodoster

🌟

🌟  The  🌟 Logos 🌟

🌟

9 minutes ago, Dodoster said:

Thats a good answer to your question too. You are arguing with yourself. In so many levels

Nah, my intention was never to argue. Just to point out that you seem to get off on thinking you're better than other people when in fact you're the same, existentially, as everyone else. I know nothing of your relationship with your ex, so I'm trying not to assume, but given that she asked how you were and your first impulse was a pompous retort illustrates a bit about you. 

13 minutes ago, Dodoster said:

But dont jump me (ordinaryawareness) its my own /relative/ view 

Again, I get nothing by bashing you in any way. If I'm wrongly judging you based on a few sentences you wrote, then my apologies. If I am correct, then perhaps it'll cause you to take a look at your actions. Either way, doesn't make a difference to me. 

1 minute ago, OrdinaryAwareness said:

Nah, my intention was never to argue. Just to point out that you seem to get off on thinking you're better than other people when in fact you're the same, existentially, as everyone else. I know nothing of your relationship with your ex, so I'm trying not to assume, but given that she asked how you were and your first impulse was a pompous retort illustrates a bit about you. 

Again, I get nothing by bashing you in any way. If I'm wrongly judging you based on a few sentences you wrote, then my apologies. If I am correct, then perhaps it'll cause you to take a look at your actions. Either way, doesn't make a difference to me. 

Cheers man, I just understood it wrongly. My bad. But yeah, I dont really see how saying what I did makes me look any better lol. How is nothing better than any thing :| 

:D

🌟

🌟  The  🌟 Logos 🌟

🌟

All good! In the big picture sense you're right, what you do or say does not effect awareness in any way. It's like the characters on a screen in a movie, the characters constantly move around, act, etc. but the screen itself doesn't change because of it. We are that screen; awareness is unaffected by experiences.

I guess my original intent was two fold: 

1. Pointing out that dispassion about self-inquiry and your understanding will be more liberating from the Jiva (the body-mind). 
  2. We find liberation through the removal of ignorance, just because you are further along with that doesn't make you better or worse. I've done the same thing in the past, thinking that I was better than other people just because I knew more than them when it comes to self-inquiry. That doesn't bring freedom. We fool ourselves into thinking it does because we feel virtuous. But an object, such as virtue, does not affect you, the subject, awareness. There is no lasting happiness to be found there. It is in knowing who you are and what it means to be awareness that peace is found. Anyway, I'm starting to go off on a tangent so I'll stop there. 

One other side note though: I find the term "nothingness" to be a source of confusion. You are awareness. Awareness is not an object, so I guess we can call it nothingness since it is not tangible, but that's a pretty roundabout way of doing so. 

47 minutes ago, Dodoster said:

Bro I watched this video this morning. It's far from what's happening here :D

Didn't you read what OrdinaryAwareness say? 

The realization that you are awareness is nothing special. 

Although I would not say it this way, I would say yeah, it's pretty easy to be aware that you are aware. And since you can't find yourself, you're nothing (no ego) - so what do you want me to lie that nothingness is not aware of itself? Im just saying the truth, where is the spiritual ego :| Just following my experience here, but you are judging me based on your biased mind.

@Dodoster I'm not judging you, it's just that this whole post appears to me like you're developing a spiritual ego, but I could be wrong. 1. Why are you fishing for opportunities to tell people that you are nothing? 2. Are you speaking from experience, or belief? If you're not enlightened, your ego is just telling stories. 3. Why post it here? If I'm wrong, sorry.

1 hour ago, John Flores said:

@Infinite I'm not convinced Naked Reality is close to enlightenment. He is basically Leo 1 1/2 years ago. "It's either bull shit or not bull shit"

am I wrong?

@John Flores I had a Skype conversation with him about a month ago. I'm convinced that he is. 

38 minutes ago, Infinite said:

@Dodoster I'm not judging you, it's just that this whole post appears to me like you're developing a spiritual ego, but I could be wrong. 1. Why are you fishing for opportunities to tell people that you are nothing? 2. Are you speaking from experience, or belief? If you're not enlightened, your ego is just telling stories. 3. Why post it here? If I'm wrong, sorry.

Look pls don't be dissing my ego. It's not spiritual it's completely egoic ego xD.

I thought we on this forum are on one wavelength and we like to share with like minded people. God knows I have nobody else to talk to on these things.

I wasn't fishing for it, I was just being myself. I have been contemplating this problem of what to say, when someone asks me stuff like that, without lying. I'm also not taking it seriously and having fun with this shit. Excuse moi

It's funny, all of us on this forum by now know that the ego is an illusion. Like even if you havent eradicated the illusion yet, it's pretty clear that you cannot find this I ( the ego ) no matter how far you look. It is nothing. A thought at best. The Ego is an expression, part of the flower called human. An illusory scent w/e. The thing im getting at is, that you are speaking to a human being right now. And that human being with or without ego (doesnt matter because ultimately ego doesn't exist) is aware of itself (You are aware of the ego -> illusion -> nothing or your true self -> awareness itself -> nothing). Any human being with or without ego is aware of itself. Therefore I was stating a fact there, and if you speak truth / fact, how is that ego? Just some neurons firing, ppl, where's that ego you are talking about :D SHOW ME MY EGO!!!

1+1 = 2

Mathematical ego?

That's the simplest shit ever. I just thought the conversation was funny tbh, I wont bother you in future w/e :D 

Edited by Dodoster

🌟

🌟  The  🌟 Logos 🌟

🌟

How long have you been doing this work? A few months ago, I started acting like this. On the surface I would readily admit my own egoism and the fact I didn't see myself as a superior to others, but on the inside I felt like I was better than the unconscious masses. Your post seems like a cry for validation, made without you even realizing your approval seeking behavior. 

You probably were better off just giving your ex a straight forward answer.

5 minutes ago, username said:

How long have you been doing this work? A few months ago, I started acting like this. On the surface I would readily admit my own egoism and the fact I didn't see myself as a superior to others, but on the inside I felt like I was better than the unconscious masses. Your post seems like a cry for validation, made without you even realizing your approval seeking behavior. 

You probably were better off just giving your ex a straight forward answer.

Who would be better off? You know this dance, we can do it all night. Sure its a cry for validation. How insightful. Thanks now i know. Who knows? I

🌟

🌟  The  🌟 Logos 🌟

🌟

@Dodoster I can't tell if you're being sincere, but if it really helped you, then I'm glad.

2 minutes ago, username said:

@Dodoster I can't tell if you're being sincere, but if it really helped you, then I'm glad.

Nah man, my spiritual ego just feels attacked by meta spiritual egos that know more about my spiritual ego's experience than my spiritual ego itself.

My spiritual ego is sad, so my spiritual ego will from now on follow the wise words of the spiritual master Ramana Maharshi. My spiritual ego now knows part of what he meant.

🌟

🌟  The  🌟 Logos 🌟

🌟

@Dodoster I want to take a minute to apologize to you. Although my original intent in commenting on this thread was sincere and I really did think I was helping you in some way, I realize, in retrospect, that I was being self-righteous (which, ironically enough, was exactly what I was calling you out for in the first place). Unfortunately, a thread that was likely meant to be a lighthearted joke devolved into pushing you around because I, deluded by my own presuppositions, misunderstood its intent and for that, I'm sorry.