TheSomeBody

how can i start my bussness idea?

7 posts in this topic

i have a bussness idea that probably gonna work but i need to program it , the problem is that i dont have the skills and getting programming skills will take lots of time because i am in univesity, also paying for a programmer is too expensive for me but it is not so expensive overall, i saw estimates for building a site is 6k and not more than 10k which the site gonna probably gonna make much more than 10k per month without me doing anything.
how do i find a reliable partner? how i get maybe some investor?

have ADHD? click here if you want to treat it

Your university probably has a computer science degree program or similar. Find where those people hang out and see if you can get someone to partner with you.

- People in these programs often volunteer or work in computer labs or libraries on campus doing tech support
- There might be programming-related groups on campus. Go to one of their events and do some networking
- Reach out to a professor in the computer science department and see if they can connect you with some of their students. 
- Make a job posting or ad in the university newspaper

If you can sell the vision for your idea, someone with the skills you need might join and put in the work upfront for future equity. BUT you need more than an idea... you better be able to add value in terms of marketing, keeping track of finances, etc.

Building a basic website doesn't require programming knowledge if that's all you need though. Depending on what you need, you can probably cobble something together with Wordpress and one of the thousands of plugins that already exist.

Edited by Yarco

1 hour ago, Yarco said:

Your university probably has a computer science degree program or similar. Find where those people hang out and see if you can get someone to partner with you.

- People in these programs often volunteer or work in computer labs or libraries on campus doing tech support
- There might be programming-related groups on campus. Go to one of their events and do some networking
- Reach out to a professor in the computer science department and see if they can connect you with some of their students. 
- Make a job posting or ad in the university newspaper

If you can sell the vision for your idea, someone with the skills you need might join and put in the work upfront for future equity. BUT you need more than an idea... you better be able to add value in terms of marketing, keeping track of finances, etc.

Building a basic website doesn't require programming knowledge if that's all you need though. Depending on what you need, you can probably cobble something together with Wordpress and one of the thousands of plugins that already exist.

the busseniss is a site so i need to program it , also it is have some complexity to it , not an average site.
because of corona we are learning in our homes so i cannot go to any proffesor  :(
i have pretty much all of the plans for it, just need to build it and market it .

22 minutes ago, datamonster said:

That's the key. Nobody is gonna invest in an idea. You need at the very least a proof of concept or MVP and be able to show that there's a market for whatever it is that you're gonna do. 

i am very confident about this idea and i have lots of profs 

On 3/4/2021 at 3:33 AM, TheSomeBody said:

i saw estimates for building a site is 6k and not more than 10k which the site gonna probably gonna make much more than 10k per month without me doing anything.

As someone who developed and launched many sites, I can tell you one thing for sure: no matter what kind of site you build, no matter how great it is, it will not make you any money without you bending over backwards for years to make it bring in money.

Coding the site is the easiest part of the job. It's so easy it doesn't even deserve much worry. The real problem is how to make it popular.

Making a site that brings in $10k/month is much more challenging than you imagine. I have achieved it in the past, but you don't even want to know the kind of manipulations and money that I had to invest to make that happen. And the internet today is way more competitive than it was 10 years ago when I did those things. And most of my sites failed entirely, bringing in zero.

As a rule of thumb, the realities of business are 10x to 100x harder than you first imagine. That's not say you shouldn't try. Just have very sober expectations for the work involved.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Now there are many companies that can help you with this. But first, I would recommend that you study the application of the MVP. This is the minimum product for testing the relevance of your idea. It is generally inexpensive. There are a lot of startups that have lost money. Don't add to their list

On 5.3.2021 at 3:20 PM, Leo Gura said:

As someone who developed and launched many sites, I can tell you one thing for sure: no matter what kind of site you build, no matter how great it is, it will not make you any money without you bending over backwards for years to make it bring in money.

Coding the site is the easiest part of the job. It's so easy it doesn't even deserve much worry. The real problem is how to make it popular.

Making a site that brings in $10k/month is much more challenging than you imagine. I have achieved it in the past, but you don't even want to know the kind of manipulations and money that I had to invest to make that happen. And the internet today is way more competitive than it was 10 years ago when I did those things. And most of my sites failed entirely, bringing in zero.

As a rule of thumb, the realities of business are 10x to 100x harder than you first imagine. That's not say you shouldn't try. Just have very sober expectations for the work involved.

actually i can see the site become successful pretty fast, this industry is super small and it is relatively easy to get noticed , my site is very unique and offer something that is not existing in the market .
for now my only worry is coding because without it i pretty much can do nothing about the site.

On 6.3.2021 at 9:13 AM, kozakor said:

Now there are many companies that can help you with this. But first, I would recommend that you study the application of the MVP. This is the minimum product for testing the relevance of your idea. It is generally inexpensive. There are a lot of startups that have lost money. Don't add to their list

it should be pretty easy to build the site and fairly inexpensive , maybe i should start to make the stuff that i dont need a programmer right now but it would be not much successful. maybe i should talk with some consultant for knowing how much this site would cost

My suggestion is to find someone in your family or friends that has a computer engineering or computer science degree since they must be an expert in programming. Maybe any one of them could be a partner that you could trust and would be ready to invest with you. If you don't have any family or friends who you know that are either then the best is to visit your university's computer engineering department and see if anyone has created a program similar to your idea.