Apofis_im

Anxious and panic attack

6 posts in this topic

I'm working on improving myself pretty much whole my life. 
I've changed a couple of low development countries and came to Europe 2 years ago. 3 month ago I had a child and here in Poland are only me and my wife. 6 months ago I quit my job and 4 month I was looking for a new one....1 month ago I found very complicated and stressful job for me. Credit for an apartment..My daughter is growing up with all this pain in her stomach and crying and so on. We're from the place where usually children raised in a king of community with grandpas. So in short I have panic attacks almost every day now.  Brain can't focus.. can't swallow food...afraid to swallow I would say.. Afraid to eat.. So here we go)) SO now I feel a lot of empathy to people who do nothing in their lives..I'm happy for them) The whole their nerv system protects them.. really. 

Any advice guys?  I know probably I'll pass this.. but It is so hard.. I've been living in Russia and now I really see how simple and comfortable to live there... fuck this development  countries)) fuck this bicycle roads and so on.. I really don't know is it worth it... 

Seems like the stress is coming from being at too many places at the same time (mentally) and multitasking on too many different fronts. 

Has your daughter been investigated by a gastroenterologist? Have they done any tests? Have they ruled out intolerances or allergies? Also things like IBS are common and if she is little, colic are a very likely possibility. Get her tested properly, make sure her stool is investigated for markers of inflammation and intolerances. Most of all don't let them stuff her with antibiotics without reason. 

Also regarding your personal situation, what are other work options? Less stressful. Are there any recruitment companies you could speak to. Does the ministry of work offer any things? 

To manage the anxiety attacks a session of deep abdominal breathing can help you calm down but I think there are some changes you may need to do in your life to fully eradicate that stress. 

Also it seems to me like maybe your life would be better back in Russia? Migration is not always beneficial, a lot of people migrate and end up hating their jobs and their lives. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

I found a large source of my own personal anxiety came from caffeine. I had a lot of other factors too of things that would make me very stressed often. As mentioned above I would see where you can cut that out. 

I would recommend working on getting adequate exercise and building a meditation habit. Those two things are very powerful against panic attacks and anxiety. Diet plays a good part in it as well, but if I was going to pick one thing to drop anxiety I would say meditation or yoga if you can get into it. Yoga seems to be more potent without as much experience at the start. 

A technique I used with having panic attacks was to just work on following my breath during them. I would often have them just from being in stores. So I would go into stores and just hang out while having a panic attack. It did gradually start reducing them quite a bit over time. It really depends on what you feel is best and what you are comfortable with. If you worked on the things above that would likely be enough too. 

Also, relating to the stress. Make sure you give yourself at least a full day off each week. I don't mean doing a bunch of errands and stuff, but actually finding the time to relax and enjoy yourself. 

30 minutes ago, Michael569 said:

Has your daughter been investigated by a gastroenterologist?

She had colics and now it seems kind of OK. But still sometimes just cries. But around a month ago when she had some strong colics, my wife left me with her and it was something.. I don't wish such thing to anybody.. As we say in Russia.. even your own enemy)

32 minutes ago, Michael569 said:

Also regarding your personal situation, what are other work options?

KInd of no I think. I rejected a couple job offers for this one)) and this job is really sucks.. + additional stress to find a new job in pandemic. But thing is also I need more money than a mid person. Just can't get the mid salary..not my thing and situation..

34 minutes ago, Michael569 said:

Also it seems to me like maybe your life would be better back in Russia?

It is the worst option. We are from Siberia.. No chance to go back.. Also documents not ready and need some more money to make docs for daughter)) haahh this is my situation)) And I'm worried I'll become stupid in Russia again.. and It is not comfortable to live there for us I would say.. But big + just parents. And some free money from Russia government because of child.. 

38 minutes ago, Michael569 said:

lot of people migrate and end up hating their jobs and their lives. 

I kind of like this challenge.. but I don't want to die because of cancer or heart attack or go crazy...

Thank you for your advices! 

18 minutes ago, Average Investor said:

I found a large source of my own personal anxiety came from caffeine.

That is the case yeah... I think.. I need to become Mormon again.... 

19 minutes ago, Average Investor said:

Also, relating to the stress. Make sure you give yourself at least a full day off each week.

Good advice, thank you! I think jews are right about saturday.. 

With these simple suggestions you will get very good results:

- You can take sun bath.

- Deep Breaths while day.

- Practice Sungazing (When the sun goes out, of course).

- Practice Meditation (hear it from youtube).

- Hear some relaxing music to reduce stress, anxiety and panic, on web you can obtain a lot of it.

Those actions help you to obtain a quiet mind to make your better decisions, you will feel better and your family will be better too.

NAMASTE