Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fireworld

Napoleon Hill - A Hot White Burning Desire?

8 posts in this topic

"You may as well know, right here, that you can never have riches in great quantities, UNLESS you can work yourself into a white heat of DESIRE for money, and actually BELIEVE you will possess it." - Napoleon Hill.

I have read this particular book 50 times, and still am unclear on how you actually work yourself into a white heat of desire for money?

The reason i am asking is because a long time ago, i would wake up in the morning with a burning desire like this, i had a thriving business and i felt like the king of the world, even though it was a small business i loved every part of it. I had a motivation that was unstoppable, that was unmovable, unchanged for months. I dropped 40 pounds of weight, i read consistently, i worked 115 hours a week, i was dedicated to my dreams and goals 100%.

But then desire started fading, i woke up one day and it was gone?

My question is, how does one actually "work yourself into a white heat of desire" for anything in life? How does one get oneself motivated to take action that is outside of ones comfort zone on a consistent basis. If anyone can truly explain this to me i and hundreds of people on this forum will be forever grateful.

The key in life to any great achievement, to any of our goals, is consistent productive action outside of our comfort zone. But do maintain this you have to be very motivated, you have to have that inner drive, that burning desire.

A professional athlete trains despite whatever state he is in in the moment. A state is a mode of being and should not depend on you taking action. 

What leads to success is having the discipline to build succesful habits that have you take action even if "you don't feel like it". The secret is to do it anyway based on a higher principle or value you hold. 

You cannot depend on the emotional state you are in to take action. It is always morphing and changing.

Sometimes you just have to do shit despite what you feel. That is the cold hard truth...

7 hours ago, Christian said:

A professional athlete trains despite whatever state he is in in the moment. A state is a mode of being and should not depend on you taking action. 

What leads to success is having the discipline to build succesful habits that have you take action even if "you don't feel like it". The secret is to do it anyway based on a higher principle or value you hold. 

You cannot depend on the emotional state you are in to take action. It is always morphing and changing.

Sometimes you just have to do shit despite what you feel. That is the cold hard truth...

Probably, but how do you develop that disicpline then, i am an avid meditator and i do work quite successfully for the company i work with, but i don't have that desire for anything greater, life has become all about comfort.

@fireworld

Maybe what you are lacking is an inspiring vision for your life. A vision that drives you to step outside your comfort zone and accomplish things despite the struggle. 

I have a suggestion that might work: 

Sit down for an hour or two and ponder the possibilities you have with regards to creating your life. Think about what drives you, what do you want, what would I be doing to feel inspired and motivated? 

But really think. Do not be satisfied with a surface level egoic answer. Get in touch with your higher more spiritual self and let its faint voice guide you on the right path. 

On 2016-10-13 at 8:04 AM, Christian said:

@fireworld

Maybe what you are lacking is an inspiring vision for your life. A vision that drives you to step outside your comfort zone and accomplish things despite the struggle. 

I have a suggestion that might work: 

Sit down for an hour or two and ponder the possibilities you have with regards to creating your life. Think about what drives you, what do you want, what would I be doing to feel inspired and motivated? 

But really think. Do not be satisfied with a surface level egoic answer. Get in touch with your higher more spiritual self and let its faint voice guide you on the right path. 

Let me explain my situation a little bit better, when i was extremely motivated i had a vision of becoming very wealthy. I know it may be an egoic answer but i really want to break free from my menial job. I have tried to get myself motivated to quit it and start my own business again, but my motivation is completely gone.

I also have a hard time figuring out where i want to set my vision, i sometimes think i want to stay and live in the city where i was born and raised, but i don't like the people nor culture of this city. It has one of the highest crime rates and very negative culture generally. So a part of me wants to move to the US, another part wants to stay here.

I know that time is passing by, in 5 years ill be 30 frikkin years old and i don't want to waste 5 years running around aimlessly working at a menial job where i can't even save any money. I have spent somewhere around 6 months pondering this question all the time. What the hell do i want to do with my life? - I have been thinking about everything humanly possible and still nothing clicks anymore.

I want that burning desire back for something again.

Ahemmm.... LP course ;)

That's the reason it was created. It's not about the money.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

if it was about the money your success wouldnt mean shit. you would rather survive in a more aspiring way, like something you love are creative in and are mainly pulled towards. this will give the desire. its like an athlete, hes not playing the sport to get laid, have a bunch of people love him, or even make millions of dollars, all hes worried about is what he can create with the ball, the more desire to create the more desire, and then out of nowhere money fame and success will tap you on the shoulder, and you will be hey thanks, but you wont care deep down

@fireworld When you go on a spiritual journey, sooner or later you will realize that hapiness has no external cause. Then what? All material desires kind of fall away, because you know they won't make you more happy. So the goal you set for yourself doesn't really matter anymore but the challenge does. It becomes a willpower thing. Just choose a goal and see if you can will it into existence. Sit for 10 hours straight, don't say a word for 10 years, climb mount everest, make a million dollar...whatever. The world is your playground.