Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Spiral Wizard

How do you let go of the need to help others?

5 posts in this topic

How to stop caring? How to resolve this predicament?

How do you let go of the need to help others when they are ‘clearly’ wrong/deluded. 

I am conscious of ideological crusading and and the concept that everyone inevitability arrives at infinite consciousness helps to let go but I still haven’t completely accepted this.

Seeing others live below their potential is heart breaking to me. There is so much unnecessary (self inflicted) suffering... 

Maybe this just a projection because I haven’t lived up to my potential yet... 

"The journey never ends, the point of arrival is always now." 

Everybody has their own path, and very few people are truly open to being helped, is my experience. You can leave helpful hints, and sometimes someone will pick something up and be helped. But you’re only facilitating, you left the breadcrumbs and they helped themselves. It’s best not to become too attached. 

“Nowhere is it writ that anthropoid apes should understand reality.” - Terence McKenna

Proposing how to stop caring about others is like asking how to stop accelerating while your foot is on the pedal. Others and caring is conditioning, belief. Rather than aiming to stop ‘doing it’, inspect your direct experience of thought, perception, and sensation. Experience is one, whole, not two. Likewise, to see ‘others’ as deluded and or wrong, is to miss your own delusion / lack of inspection of what your own actual direct experience is. 

What you’re experiencing is not any short comings of anyone else, but your own deeply seeded judgment of yourself, which you are projecting, as if it had something to do with what, upon ample inspection, is revealed to be an abstraction. You’re reinforcing this by believing your own beliefs & projections are something you could accept, rather than inspect and see through. In that way, you’re repeating a thought loop. 

Depart from the tree of the knowledge of good & bad, of potential & suffering, and of thinking of yourself as within this paradigm. It is all discordant. Instead, go to the tree of life, of your life. Make a Dreamboard, and allow what today is a concern, to contribute to creating the life you are most passionate about. Give much more attention to letting black & white thinking go, and appreciating paradox. Take five things you absolutely know to be true, and write them down. Then write the exact opposite next to each. Then contemplate as to how both are equally true. This practice will carry over so to speak, bringing much equanimity to emotion and understanding.  

Also, if you haven’t taken Leo’s LP course, I would watch this video and strongly consider taking it. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

You are not going to save humanity, just accept it and dont built your identity around that

2 hours ago, Alex_R said:

You are not going to save humanity, just accept it and dont built your identity around that

this is liberating, thank you!

"The journey never ends, the point of arrival is always now."