Dark_White

Do Breathwork ever made you trip?

5 posts in this topic

Have you guys ever tried Breathwork and you tripped or do guys ever went into mystical experience. what it felt like? Did got any insights in that?

Personally i tried breathwork once for 1 hour 30 mins straight & i never went to any mystical state but i felt more relaxed and my body temperature cool down. It is said that if you try breathwork for more than 45 mins you have higher chance to trip so it didn't worked out for me. 

So what's your thought?

Do you think breathwork is as good as self-inquiry for getting insights on reality?

And yeah there are so many youtube videos on DMT breathwork, do you guys think is it legit?

Edited by Dark_White

4 hours ago, Dark_White said:

Have you guys ever tried Breathwork and you tripped or do guys ever went into mystical experience. what it felt like? Did got any insights in that?

The most profound I had with breathwork was when I was doing quick deep breaths (a more intense version of Leo's video) for around 45 min. 

After around 100 breaths the cramps in my hands usually get painful. Then I try to get all the air out and then hold my breath. Then deep inhale. hold breath. Relax. and then start over.

The longer I do it the more itense the inhale after the exhale breathhold gets. It's a sudden (within 3-10 seconds) very noticible shift in consciousness. Trippy indeed. The peak lasts 10-40 seconds (the peak from the inhale).  It's hard to explain what it feels like. But an exaggerated comparison would be to being sucked into outer/empty space.

Personally i tried breathwork once for 1 hour 30 mins straight & i never went to any mystical state but i felt more relaxed and my body temperature cool down. It is said that if you try breathwork for more than 45 mins you have higher chance to trip so it didn't worked out for me. 

wow, 90 mins is LONG. Did you get the vibrations in your hands, feet etc?

Maybe you weren't breathing intensely enough. Maybe try the more intense version I described above. But keep in mind that side effects (like passing out) are a lot more likely with the intense version.

Do you think breathwork is as good as self-inquiry for getting insights on reality?

Breathwork is far more effective for altering your consciousness. Whereas self inquiry is more effective for getting insights and very gradully shifting your consciousness. Do both.

And yeah there are so many youtube videos on DMT breathwork, do you guys think is it legit?

I believe breathwork does release DMT (very low quantities however). Most youtube DMT vids probably work (some more, some less).

I usually see no visuals when doing breathwork. But when I was on a dark room retreat, visuals got noticably enhanced during breathwork.

Edited by GreenWoods

@Dark_White I’ve had many breath sessions that were tripping. It’s sorta like a mixture of lucid dreaming and a moderate dose of 5-Meo-dmt. I could also describe it as the interface of subconscious, conscious and trans-conscious. 

Yet my mind may be able to flow into the states easier since I’ve done a lot of psychedelics and lucid dreaming work. 

9 hours ago, Dark_White said:

1.5 hr is long time for breath work. There are different types of relaxation. They way you use the term seems like parasympathetic relaxation, which would mean low ‘activation’. Since  you felt body cooling, you had some activation. Yet this could have come from low intensity over a long time.

Another  method would be a 1hr session. Imagine  you are climbing a mountain. The beginning is warm up and you gradually ramp up until you are sprinting to the top of the mountain to jump and fly like an eagle. 

You may want to try a facilitated breath work session. I have some recorded sessions I can share with you. If interested, DM me.

9 hours ago, Dark_White said:

Self inquiry is an advanced form of practice. It’s not contemplation and figuring shit out. Done right, self inquiry transcends the rational, intellectual mind. Yet most people have mind’s conditioned to think and intellectualize. It can take years of meditation to be able to enter post-intellectual realms.

It also depends what resonates with the person. Someone like Maharishi went extremely deep into self inquiry. I haven’t resonated with self inquiry as a stand alone practice, yet it has been powerful when coupled to something else. For example, I was in a sensory deprivation tank and the question “what is genuine” arose. I didn’t have another thought for 40 min. as the essence of genuineness arose. 

7 hours ago, GreenWoods said:

wow, 90 mins is LONG. Did you get the vibrations in your hands, feet etc?

Maybe you weren't breathing intensely enough. Maybe try the more intense version I described above. But keep in mind that side effects (like passing out) are a lot more likely with the intense version.

Yeah, i did had tingling sensation all through the body but no shift in conscious and that's the reason why i had to do it for that long. Also i had chest pain while doing it so i stopped.

Yes maybe i didn't do it intensely enough. I just went with the flow.

@GreenWoods Thanks for your insights!

@Forestluv 

1 hour ago, Forestluv said:

You may want to try a facilitated breath work session. I have some recorded sessions I can share with you. If interested, DM me.

Yeah sure, that would be great! 

Thanks for your insight!