Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rashid

Awareness

6 posts in this topic

This might be a wasteful thread, but If someone can give me more sources or information on how to acquire more awareness. I already meditate close to an hour a day, I have a pretty good control on my psyche and my emotions. I just want more information on awareness, to really show me how unaware i am and how aware i can become.

Awareness is your true essence. It isn't something that contains different levels and you can never lose it. 

It's like the sun being obscured by the passing clouds, it seems as if the sun has gone, but it is still there, ever present.

Sure others seem to be more aware and that's because they haven't got as much noise in their minds or they are just aware that they are aware (conscious) and they dwell there.

Just notice your own sense of existence, the evidence that you exist and focus your attention there.

Ask yourself these question.

Who am I without this body and mind?

Or say to yourself I AM and add nothing to it. That's what you are before you added concepts to I AM, for example; "I am a boy, I am a footballer, I am a student etc. 

It's great that you meditate every day.

Also ask yourself this question frequently throughout the day; "I wonder what my next thought is going to be?"

With continued application, this will create more gaps in the stream of mind and that stillness will emerge.

I trust I've helped you in some way, if you have any more questions then please reply and I'll get back to you, that's if another member of this forum hasn't already =)

Edited by Lawrence

I write about scientific-based self-help, habits, productivity, creativity and ancient wisdom over at www.selfempoweredlife.com

"Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of sheep" - The Internet

Leo's latest video is all about moving from low to high consciousness and therefore increasing awareness 

3 hours ago, Bronsoval said:

Leo's latest video is all about moving from low to high consciousness and therefore increasing awareness 

i watched it, it was pretty informative but i was looking for more sources. 

Ask this question in search of a factual answer:

"Am I obligated to discard other awarenesses so as have the awareness I seek?"

Example: A person studies their textbook yet demands silence from those in the library. Are they obligated to lower their awareness of their surroundings so as to have more awareness of the material in the textbook?

"Am I obligated to discard other awarenesses so as have the awareness I seek?"

and... is the manner of gaining awareness to decrease awareness?

My hypothesis is that you can't be aware of both something's antithesis and itself. In oder to be aware of truth you cannot focus on lies and in order to focus on lies you cannot be aware of truth. So, at times, you may indeed be obligated to discard some awareness so as to gain other awarenesses.

Edited by and

Basically, all you have is your interpretation of reality at this current moment.  If you spend time fantasizing or deluding your interpretation you are going to waste your life.  Focus on what is.  Not what has been, will be or could be. Remain in the here and now