Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Justinian711

OneNote file download question

8 posts in this topic

I'm using a chromebook right now for my commonplace book and it is only able to save to the OneDrive cloud. I plan on saving up for a quality windows laptop so I can use OneNote 2010 to save locally. Once I get it I want to be able to download my commonplace book from the OneDrive cloud. Can I download a OneNote notebook from the OneDrive cloud?

I doubt it will be backwards compatible with 2010.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura Thanks for the reply. I don't know what to do if that's the case. You can't download a notebook on OneNote 2010 from OneDrive to start using it and storing it locally? I don't have the software so I wouldn't know. Could I download the notebook file onto a flash/hard drive and then upload that to OneNote 2010 when I get my new laptop?

@flowboy Thanks for the reply. I just tried this and it made me a copy of my notebook. So when I get my new computer I can import the copy into OneNote 2010 using onenote.com and from there on out store my data locally?

dude, a note book is good for one note. But having an Ipad for one note is really underrated. It would help you to get your note taking to a whole another level. I'm currently using a samsung tablet, and it's pretty fucking good. Imagine using an IPad. It would be phenomenal because the IPad Pencil, I heard, is phenomenal

@charlie cho Yeah, If you were an artist. I prefer typing instead of writing on a touch screen. I also want to store my notes locally and not in a cloud.  I believe the IOS and Android versions are all cloud-based. Thanks for the reply. 

@Justinian711 I have to continue.... I do use one note on my computer as much as I use it on my tablet. I just wanted to let you know the magical things your hands can do over your computer. You don't need to draw like Leonardo Da Vinci. But you have to admit, your hands and pencil can do certain things that a computer is limited in doing when expressing creative ideas.

When you use them both, it is magical, I promise you. Just saying bro. I just want to let you know before I let you go. 

Edited by charlie cho