actualized1

Paper Vs Digital Books

23 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, eskwire said:

This is a great question. I do not have a hard and fast answer for you, but the key may be in how screens affect brainwave states (gamma, beta, alpha, theta, delta, infra-low). The results you get may be dependent on physiological effects rather than lifestyle preferences.

Do some Google searching about brainwaves and screens. 

PS I prefer paper. Screens bum me out. #science :D

you understood my question and I'm asking this with the hope of finding someone deeper into this that can save me the time of finding this by myself.

because you really only can drag a conclusion for this after lets say 100 books read in each of the two ways (something that I don't want to have to test my myself)

on the internet, I've only found answers in terms of price, comfortability, space ...

Perhaps I wasn't being clear. I don't think you have to read a hundred books in both formats to determine the answer. The effects of reading/looking at screens have been studied. Attached is one study that I came across with a Google search of your question. 

A comparison of reading on computer screens and print media_ meas-1.pdf

Edited by eskwire
Grammatical error

nothing is anything

@actualized1 It is a personal preference in the end.

I was talking about MY preference for physical books. You might feel otherwise.

The biggest problem with Kindle-style books is that you can't flip through them or find the right sections easily. And you have no idea the size of the book or chapter you're reading.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.