SamC

Be wary of the hypersensitive narcissist! I wasn't...

45 posts in this topic

@Preety_India

Has it been noticed, that narcissist and victim are are not separate selves, or an actual self & other situation...but  actually narcissism and victimization? Experience...? You might say, mindsets one adopts, yet never ‘who’ one is. Which is why it feels terrible, and one continues seeking for the better feeling. Seeing ‘someone’ as a narcissist is what narcissism preys on. This convinces of self & other, and the narcissism is actually victimization. The dis-ease will even hijack the body mind, deteriorating health to perpetuate this. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

I agree that a narcissist is also someone who doesn't want to hear that they're at fault. Same coin, different side. Sometimes you jab, sometimes you cash in.

How do you know when you've transcended it? You see the whole dynamic, and just know. And don't get triggered - or identify with the trigger.

I also agree that until you've become enlightened/awakened/mature everyone's got it to some degree and in some situations with different people.

It's just ego, in plain old spiritual terms. Calling it narcissism is just the therapist catching up with the monk.

28 minutes ago, caveman said:

It's just ego, in plain old spiritual terms. Calling it narcissism is just the therapist catching up with the monk.

Of corse narccism is ego but it's not = ego. Narccism is just a component and a strategy for the ego. One can use a different coping strategy and have have as much ego ( be on the same frequency as someone who is a highly  sensitive narccist.

An example of the opposite strategy is extreme people pleasing and taking blame for everyone and everything. That's also why people with enmeshment trauma often end up with people with highly sensitive narccism. Opposites of the same frequency attract.

Edited by SamC

"Sometimes when it's dark - we have to be the light in our own tunnel"

@SamC You're right, it is a strategy. It may have seemed that i am dismissing the value of investigating it, but i do think it is great that society is looking into it. The more we know about these strategies the better we can be aware of them when they happen. But personally i feel that the boot and the brain are ultimately the same - ego.

The pleaser and taking blame in my view is still a form of narcissism, only on the negative polarity. "I'm negatively special".

I know i could see both happening in me.

6 minutes ago, caveman said:

@SamC The pleaser and taking blame in my view is still a form of narcissism, only on the negative polarity. "I'm negatively special".

I know i could see both happening in me.

Well said

"Sometimes when it's dark - we have to be the light in our own tunnel"