Eren Eeager

Why do care about understanding Humans (spiral dynamics)?

3 posts in this topic

We keep talking about spiral dynamics and keep discussing these things on the forum and  I also personally engage in a lot of thinking about these things. But sometimes I say wait a minute, why am I even doing this? I got what I need, I do understand the idea of the spiral dynamics and do understand the Humans, so why do I keep thinking about these things?. I did a lot of mental effort in this field and maybe 10% of that mental effort was enough. I should have directed the rest of my effort on understanding the existential dilemma rather than getting engaged in this never-ending cycle of thoughts. So I think it is getting useless and creating a lot of distraction actually to keep thinking about spiral dynamics. 

I think this is some sort of a trap for us, especially the intellectually minded people.

Edited by Eren Eeager

I am the only thing stopping myself from receiving infinite Love form Myself. I am Infinite Love for god sake.

@Eren Eeager

Just now, Eren Eeager said:

We keep talking about spiral dynamics and keep discussing these things on the forum and  I also personally engage in a lot of thinking about these things. But sometimes I say wait a minute, why am I even doing this? I got what I need, I do understand the idea of the spiral dynamics and do understand the Humans, so why do I keep thinking in these things?. I did a lot of mental effort in this field and maybe 10% of that mental effort was enough. I should have directed the rest of my effort on understanding the existential dilemma rather getting engaged in these never ending cycle of  thoughts. So I think it is getting useless and creating a lot of distraction actually to keep thinking about spiral dynamics. 

I think this is some sort of a trap for us, especially the intellectual minded people.

I've sometimes did this in the past, although I did more typical young people stuff like video games and  travelling the world. It was until I got more into spiritual practices and thinking more, and when I had a glimpse, did I really start to question, even when I'm depressed myself. I think at that time it was more head energy than body energy mixed into it, so lately doing some yoga, chi gong and self massages did help me a bit, so balancing is key.

Of course, this is not limited to intellectual types, or people more into their heads. People more into their body energies will fall victim to ideology far more and understand far less, despite being more grounded and relaxed into your body. Elliot Hulse is a good example of the benefits of developing your body with some of the mind, yet the body space still has limits and these types still fall for ideology easy. 

27 minutes ago, Eren Eeager said:

I should have directed the rest of my effort on understanding the existential dilemma rather than getting engaged in this never-ending cycle of thoughts.

Running the conceptual hamster wheel is exhausting, and it will eventually wear you out. I'm not much into models, including spiral dynamics. They tend to point people toward thinking, encouraging egoic comparisons, rather than Self-realizing.

That said, ask yourself what you really mean by "understanding the existential dilemma". Understanding is intellectualizing. It is not about understanding. It is about being. You are already enough.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.