Kuba Powiertowski

A newbie introducing to itself:)

4 posts in this topic

Hello Dear Friends,

I'm here for the first time, I'm Polish so please forgive me if my English is imperfect, I'll do my best.

What, have brought me here? Years of searching, asking questions about the nature of reality... Years of interest in mathematics and physics transformed into the interest of what is consciousness itself. All these explanations about its source in the brain haven't convinced me at all, as my deep interest in Kurt Godel's Incompleteness Theorem pointed out that process of conscious understanding, which is needed to exceed any formal theory in its explanation is itself infinite and thus conscious understanding as a process is also infinite. Therefore cannot be some computation within any limited system.

But not only this.

As a rock climber, have been practicing this form of outdoor activity for nearly 30 years now and for me, it's something far beyond sport constricted to grades and numbers. As an alpine legend Walter Bonatti once said; „The mountains are the mean, the human being is the end. The idea is to improve the human being, not to reach the top of the mountain”. How it's possible? Isn't it a strange loop? Climbers and mountaineers are among the most selfish people you can ever meet!
But it's somehow possible. It's very rare, but happens when suddenly you are touched but something that you can't explain by words when you realize the immense beauty of the space that surrounds you, the path that brought you here into this surreal scenery, this thin line that ties you up with your partner or with rock directly when you climb alone...

Anyway, it also happens, during music listening, some art admiring as well as on a dog walk in a nearby forest with my wife. But the most profound TOUCH I had had to this time in my life was in my teenage years when I had read Hymn to Love in the bible. All the times you’re deeply touched, sometimes you cry, although as the years go by crying is becoming more and more difficult expression to do. But then I couldn’t help crying like a baby... Never before or after NOTHING touched or hit me with that power.
During the past year, I had done lots of research about the science at the cutting edge of that hard problem of consciousness. This time I knew, that the right explanation must come with this touch. But almost nothing like that hadn’t happened at all. Donald Hoffman with his approach in Case Against Reality came a little closer to me but then… I checked “Metaphysical impact of Godel’s Incompleteness Theorem by Actualized.org” and saw Leo for the first time, and thought: Oh my fucking God, this guy GOT IT!! He got the idea!!! Then I saw another one “Reality is a strange loop” – WOW. How brilliant Leo disassembled this completely irrational materialistic paradigm in science.. Just WOW! I started sending links to these episodes to my friends and family members that share the same interest with me. Most of them applauded? But then I watched Leo’s Outrages Experiments in Consciousness… For the second time, I was hit with even bigger power. The same stream of tears appeared on my face, the same deep but irregular breath in my lungs... I have started follow Leo’s immense work since then as this long and very hard process in me has been triggered. That’s why came here. Feel this is the right place, is a good place. I hope to ask You some questions, to share my experiences with You as You do to the worldwide community.

Thank You All, Thanks Leo?
Love & Peace my Friends

Dear Kuba - I am amongst these friends that had applauded. Thank You sincerely for introducing Leo`s works to me.  I can endorse many of your observations. Take care and be brave!