cle103

Should I quit a job I like to pursue something unsure?

22 posts in this topic

18 hours ago, Shmurda said:

@Leo Gura your advice in this thread seems to contradict the example of Joseph CAMPBELL WHO IS QUOTED IN THE LPC. Campbell had savings and a desire to study independently without any means of income, but by following his bliss he realized his purpose. 

Does this mean your views on this have since changed? 

No, there are many ways to skin a  cat.

If you are an exceptionally ambitious and passionate person, you can break most of the rules and find a way.

I was just making sure this guy doesn't end up homeless.

If you want to make very risky bets with regards to your LP, you can certainly do that, but I would not generally recommend it because you could lose it all and paint yourself into a corner.

LP requires a very delicate balance between ambition, passion, reasonable risk, and pragmatism. I worry that too many people take my course and then have some utopian dream that "everything will just work out if I naively follow my passions", without a serious regard for pragmatism and brute survival forces.

You must account for brute survival forces. You must be hyper-realistic with your plans. But at the same time you must be ambitious and visionary and set your sighs high.

It's a very difficult balancing act to pull off. Which is why few people actualize their LP. This requires some serious intelligence. Not IQ, but real intelligence.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Myioko Thanks a lot, I'll check those out! 

Also, I reached out to an artist who is big on YouTube and def. makes good money from his craft. He studied in the same town as I live right now and he said that it was def. not worth it studying there. I'll look at some other schools to see if there are some that could really help.