Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Orange

Would You Rather Be Successful But Unhappy Or Happy But Unsuccessful?

23 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Lawrence said:

I mean, what does it even mean to be successful without happiness?

Have you ever had a success that lead to 'happiness'? And if so, how long did that happiness last?

Think of your last success. Whatever it was. How, in this moment, right now, is that success making you feel? What effect is it having on this present moment?

This, right here, is the ultimate misconception that leads people to spend their lives chasing success and never finding authentic happiness. Because 'success' is only a form of gratification. Which has a finite, short, effect on your emotional state.

“If you correct your mind, the rest of your life will fall into place.”  - Lao Tzu

I guess external successes will always be short lived, however I think a big success for me was implementing an anxiety elimination program which helped me recondition my mind to be non-anxious.

I also get an amazing feeling of fulfillment when I help others.

I write about scientific-based self-help, habits, productivity, creativity and ancient wisdom over at www.selfempoweredlife.com

"Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of sheep" - The Internet

16 minutes ago, FindingPeace said:

Have you ever had a success that lead to 'happiness'? And if so, how long did that happiness last?

Think of your last success. Whatever it was. How, in this moment, right now, is that success making you feel? What effect is it having on this present moment?

This, right here, is the ultimate misconception that leads people to spend their lives chasing success and never finding authentic happiness. Because 'success' is only a form of gratification. Which has a finite, short, effect on your emotional state.

I guess external successes will always be short lived, however I think a big success for me was implementing an anxiety elimination program which helped me recondition my mind to be non-anxious.

I also get an amazing feeling of fulfillment when I help others.

I write about scientific-based self-help, habits, productivity, creativity and ancient wisdom over at www.selfempoweredlife.com

"Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of sheep" - The Internet