Juan Cruz Giusto

Low Quality Vs High Quality Consciousness Summary

6 posts in this topic

Society feeds you such little pictures of what is your purpose on life that you don’t even you what your prime directive is in life. People are so confused and distracted chasing their tails that they don’t even know their prime purpose. YOUR PRIME DIRECTIVE IS TO INCREASE YOUR QUALITY OF YOUR CONSCIOUSNESS (this is what growth means) and everything else is a distraction. Every single action that you take in your life is a test of the quality of your consciousness. If you want high consciousness you will need to work very hard on every action you make.

So, what is consciousness? It is the degree of accurate perception that you have. High consciousness is a high degree of accurate perception. If you don’t have an accurate perception of reality you ae not gonna live a great life. ACCURATE PERCEPTION IS THE KEY OF LIVING A GOOD LIFE AND EVERY SINGLE PROBLEM YOU HAVE IN YOUR LIFE IS BECAUSE OF LACK OF ACCURATE PERCEPTIONS OF REALITY.

Characteristics of low quality consciousness:

-          Ego

-          Self-centeredness

-          Fear

-          Dogma and rigid belief systems

-          Little picture thinking

-          Short term gains

-          Blindness to backfire mechanisms

-          Mechanical behavior

-          Lack of love or discrimination of love

-          Moralization (having strict rules of what is right or wrong)

-          Projection onto other of their own limitations

-          Highly materialistic (measures success by material things)

-          Arrogant

Characteristics of high quality consciousness

-          Selfless and giving

-          Fearless and courageous

-          Focuses on direct experience over belief

-          Committed to Truth and accuracy

-          Values learning and growing

-          Intelligent acting (intuition and vision)

-          Creative

-          100% responsibility

-          Admits that there as lot of room for growth (humble)

-          Big picture understanding

-          Long term gains

-          Really aware of backfiring

-          Indiscriminate love for everyone and everything

“Love and joy do not dominate our feelings most of the time is normal, but not a good sign. Love, joy, peace, compassion, humility and balance are the dominate expressions and feelings of a high quality consciousness. Your feelings and motivations always reflect the real you with perfect accuracy. So if you feel angry or upset, is not because of external circumstances but a reflection of the internal quality of your consciousness.”

How to know your level of consciousness? There are 2 factors:

-          The quality of your feelings: Emotions tell you exactly how you are. How do you feel right now and usually?

-          The quality of your motivations: What are you pulled towards in life? Look at your micro-motivations too! Look through your day and be conscious of your day to day motivations (in lunch, while working, after working, in your free time). The choices you are making reflect the level of your consciousness.

You can apply this model to yourself and to others!

Questions of how to measure your consciousness:

-          How do I feel in an hour to hour basis?

-          How loving am I?

-          How fearful am I?

-          How intellectually open am I?

-          How well do I govern myself?

-          How noble are my motivations?

o   Relationships

o   Career

In the end you cannot suppress your feeling and motivations. You need to get good at measuring the quality of your consciousness. The solution is to raise your consciousness!

Pursuing money and sex is a low quality consciousness trait and these mechanisms will backfire on you. You need to transcend these cravings because is not even as fulfilling as what comes after them. You can be creative, you can contribute to the world, create longer and deeper relationships, life purpose.

Ask yourself:

-          How can you raise your consciousness today?

-          How can I improve it?

-          Where is it low quality?

-          What would I mean to go from low to high quality in …. aspect of my life?

-          How am I creating and sustaining low quality consciousness in my life?

How to raise your consciousness?

-          Increase the capacity to love

-          Increase your capacity to feel happy

-          Increase your capacity to be intellectually open

-          Increase your capacity for self-governance

-          Increase your capacity to face fear

-          Transcend selfish and protective motives. Watch your motives as a hawk!

Opportunities to raise your consciousness are constant (every 5 minutes). Look for the micro opportunities! Your entire mode of living should be aimed to raise your consciousness.

My YouTube Channel: https://bit.ly/2PSLrNb

Thanks for posting this summary!

I planned on listening to this video during work today. (Still am)

But this gives me some things to think about on my way there.

I'm relieved to find fewer aspects of lower conscious thinking in myself than I might have assumed.

Still, there are probably more that I'm unaware of that I can train myself to pay more attention to as I move on.

After researching spiral dynamics I know at least half of me is in orange... but my lack of materialistic desire leaves me more relating to green and yellow levels. Though I'm sure my yellow levels are very low.

Right now want to focus on self-observation and self-inquiry, usually because i typically feel neutral at any given moment, leaving me unsure of how I feel. I can't improve if I don't fully understand myself.

@Joshaps The video is great bro! Highly recommended even though you've read the summary. Regarding the lack of awareness about your behaviors and motivations, i find it really difficult sometimes since you cannot know what you don't know so we are in a kind of catch-22. Just with persistance we will eventually find our low consciousness attitudes and change them for the better!

My YouTube Channel: https://bit.ly/2PSLrNb

This is a great video. A point of contention I have:

If someone is in low consciousness, trying to tell them that they need to transcend low consciousness is just going to go over their head. They don't have the awareness / experience to see the importance of this. So rather than telling people "you need to become more conscious! All these 'petty' egoic desires you have, they're stupid and you're stupid. Just move past all that", why not work WITH the ego?

I'm for giving people want they want. If some guy wants to go become a player because he thinks sex with random stranger will make him happy, he should go do that. Don't tell him to go meditate, he's not going to listen to you anyway. 

Instead, show him how mediation will HELP him become a badass player. And incredibly, you actually can make an argument for this. Mediation puts you in a present state where you can be that attractive self that women love.

Beyond that, you know what the best way to transcend craving hallow, random sex is? Having shallow, random sex. Is that so unbelievable? That's how you get awareness and real understanding. You can see it in real life how these things are effecting you. Why do we assume that the only solution is to sit and do visualizations/contemplation? Why can't it be both?

It's similar to when Leo made his video detailing the benefits of Enlightenment. The point of that video was to get the ego on board with enlightenment, even though there's no benefits to the ego in enlightenment. Why not do the same thing with high consciousness work? Why not admit that people in low consciousness mostly only understand the language of low consciousness?

11 minutes ago, aurum said:

Why not admit that people in low consciousness mostly only understand the language of low consciousness?

@aurum Reminds me of the unawareness video where Leo made the matrix metaphor.

You have to enter and use the matrix to communicate with anyone unaware they are in the matrix.

Edited by Joshaps

1 hour ago, Joshaps said:

@aurum Reminds me of the unawareness video where Leo made the matrix metaphor.

You have to enter and use the matrix to communicate with anyone unaware they are in the matrix.

Similar for sure.

You can find a lot of flaws with RSD, but one thing I always respected about them was their ability to actually create results in people's lives. They've managed to convince thousands of angry, depressed 20 something year-old guys who just want to get laid that they should be doing high conscious behaviors like meditation, offering value to people, being non-judgmental, etc.

How many teachers, family members and institutions probably tried to impart the same lessons on those guys and failed? Why? Because no one cares dude. A guy who is lonely is just lonely, he doesn't give a shit about your high consciousness motivations, moralizations or even the belief that he should be happy. Tie it to something low consciousness, like that he can get back at his ex-girlfriend, and suddenly things take off.

Will it work for everyone? No, definitely not. I'm sure there's some guys who get stuck in the low consciousness tail-chase. But it's a lot better than the alternative.