Parki

How To Overcome Yourself For Curing From Shyness?

7 posts in this topic

If I overcome myself I feel relief and became a bit less shy for a while,
but there is down side of it and this is sometimes when I overcome myself
I feel more restricted then I was before I overcame myself.

How can I distinguish it to decide should I overcame myself in this time or not.
I am not trying to train my will or something, so if there is mo relief I no longer interested in doing that.

@Parki

I see you struggling with this.

Meditate.  It will bring up all the bullshit you currently think is you.

Also, get youre values straight.  Shyness is a symptom of low self esteem, so you must be violating some values of yours, while maybe violating some universal values.  That is the actual cause of low self worth, forget about the inner child lol, thats a theory.  

So try to figure out what you want and who you are in your personality, and take a good, long, sober look at yourself and see where your behaviours are not coherent or authentic.

An example of a poorly assimilated value is where you pick up some value from the outside but dont live it!  So it sits halfway inside you like undigested food.  look for contradictions in your behaviours,  and places where you blame others for doing what you cant admit doing yourself.

This is hard work, but worth it in the end.

Stay off the drugs, it will fuck you up unless you know your relative psychology.  Leo is well developed, so the drug works for him.  Dont make the mistake of thinking it will work for you too at this point.

@Parki And if you don't believe me, then spend $250 and download Leo's life purpose course, and you will find exactly the same advice on there.  I have not taken his course, I do my own, but it's all the same.

I disagree on the psychedelic part. Psychedelics when used with great care, a good intention and (optional, but still often relevant) good guidance can work for pretty much everyone who is serious about psychedelics edit: spirituality. Nature is intelligent and delicate.

Agreed on going within to heal the trauma, that's where it comes from, though I do find (healing) the inner child a very appropriate term. We are joyful children at heart. 

Edited by AlwaysBeNice

@Parki Accept your shyness at the beginning. It´s not a problem being shy. Realise your shyness more and observe your patterns. Behave every day a little bit differently in the direction where you would want there. It increases your self-esteem. After a time it becomes a habit. Look like you feel and ask yourself if you want to go this way or not. 

@Parki Work on confidence and forget Shyness. Shyness is built in to make you run somewhere familiar when there is unfamiliarity ahead. You can't do away with life's built in safety function until you have something to replace it with - confidence. Confidence is your brain saying "it's ok I can deal with this."