Intraplanetary

Confused over existing alone vs among other beings

43 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, Intraplanetary said:

Thanks for sharing. 

But don't you think that enlightenment and reaching the highest states of consciousness actually clear out all of these assumptions that solipsists raise?

I would rather say that you could see it for yourself and could have answers to these questions? Is solipsism being discussed within the context of non-dual traditions? Why not?

@Intraplanetary well being honest with you.. I don't know and no one knows. 

Something as simple as "does the moon exist when you are not looking at it?". ... is actually unanswerable without a leap of faith. Without appealing to logic.. Reason.. Memories.. Relative knowledge.. And common sense. Which are all subject to uncertainty. As the only certain answer must come from looking at the moon while at the same time not looking at it. Quantum mechanics actually suggests that the electrons don't exist unless there is an observation process taking place. Without observing.. The electron remains as a possibility field . Existing as a probability rather than actual object.  Now that might not apply to the macro level. 

There is no "actual" answer to solipsism. There is only "pragmatic" answers. Such as "you only going to live life and interact with others through your own pov Anyways..and this isn't gonna change whether you've answerd the solipsism question or not... So I mean..... Who cares? ?" 

Edited by Someone here

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho