StarStruck

Can one be in multiple Spiral Dynamic stages?

24 posts in this topic

@StarStruck

Dude, I think you should learn more about basic, relational and maybe even trauma psychology instead of spiral dynamics.

Been on the healing journey for 5 committed years: traumas, deep wounds, negative beliefs, emotional blockages, internal fragmentation, blocked chakras, tight muscles, deep tensions, dysfunctional relationship dynamics. --> Check out my posts for info on how to heal:

https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82579-what-causes-anhedonia-how-can-it-be-cured/?page=2#comment-1167003

10 minutes ago, Elevated said:

@StarStruck You can have Orange or Green beliefs even if you have a Red-Blue core. Also, remember that you've likely been very conditioned by our Stage Orange society. You may see certain Stage Red behaviours and attitudes within yourself, but those are only the ones you notice because they are the most noticeable precisely because they are so not the norm. That'd be like defining the entirety of a 9 fingered person based on their 9 fingers despite the fact that everything else about them is normal. You notice the 9 fingers because that is the thing that is out of place. 

Point being, there is probably a lot more Orange in you than you give yourself credit for, it's just that some of your pathologies are rooted in Red. That doesn't necessarily mean that your core is Red. To begin dealing with those pathologies specifically, you have to take them through Blue, then through Orange, etc. That doesn't mean that the average of all your behaviours, beliefs, attitudes, and so on is Red. 

7 minutes ago, Superfluo said:

@StarStruck

Dude, I think you should learn more about basic, relational and maybe even trauma psychology instead of spiral dynamics.

That is what I'm doing (psychotherapy) but I think it is a good game plan to know where I'm at and what to aim at.

I need to aim at stage blue values. Last year I was in denial about my stage red beliefs/pathologies and that made me stuck for a while.

Since my realization of what I said above, psycho-therapy and self-actualization is going well. Unfortunately my therapist doesn't know about spiral dynamics but I don't think she needs to know it to help me with trauma healing and coaching on self-actualization.

Edited by StarStruck

34 minutes ago, StarStruck said:

But I don't think she needs to know it to help me with trauma healing and coaching on self-actualization.

Yes this is true. Spiral Dynamics is meant to give you a general roadmap, not to make absolute statements. If you are wanting to begin embodying Stage Blue, I highly, HIGHLY recommend the book, "Can't Hurt Me," by David Goggins. His story is one of the best examples you can have for the transition from Red to Blue. He has an amazing story, it's incredibly inspiring, and you will adopt the Blue ethic if you put into practice what he says. 

Edited by Elevated

@StarStruck

You don't need spiral dynamics to heal, but if you want go for it.

I have some posts about healing, check them out if you want.

Been on the healing journey for 5 committed years: traumas, deep wounds, negative beliefs, emotional blockages, internal fragmentation, blocked chakras, tight muscles, deep tensions, dysfunctional relationship dynamics. --> Check out my posts for info on how to heal:

https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82579-what-causes-anhedonia-how-can-it-be-cured/?page=2#comment-1167003