Snader

Thought about Leo's Choice to Stop Releasing Raw Material

7 posts in this topic

I haven't have time to participate on this forum too much, so maybe this topic is already dressed in some form on some thread.

Leo I read some thread where you said you won't share raw enlightenment footage anymore in the future because people aren't ready for it and all misinterpretation around your teachings doesn't only make you look like an ideological cult leader but also makes the message you spread and the wisdom behind look something it is not, which of course violates and threatens your work. I totally understand that and see how big of a challenge that it.

But what if you still kept shooting more raw and authentic material without too much filtering and limitation? Let's say you did, and after all ridiculing and negative effect that has to the phenomenon still 5 % of people who watch that material are open-minded enough not to ridicule it and 10 % of those people are benefiting really much and getting amazing insights that are critical to their growth, which of course could help them to do spiritual work to improve the world in the future. Could that positive effect exceed the negative effect in the big picture? Or is protecting the legacy of spiritual phenomenon too important that it would not be worth it?

I have a feeling that Gandhi might have had this kind of approach with what he did, and sure it got him killed but he also had lots of positive effect in the world. Compared to 100 years ago, we now have technology that makes it possible to be more proactive with that method and restrict access to that material for the right audience etc., which of course wouldn't be the answer because anyone who wants to damage you and the phenomenon through your material could do it, but it could have an effect on it. Anyway I think there are ways to restrict the material for the right people pretty efficiently but that would probably be too laborious and difficult to pull off. I haven't read about Gandhi and haven't really contemplated this matter through so it might be silly to compare his work with yours or even think about this whole thing. Just spitting some rash thoughts here.

Gladly taking thoughts from everybody on this one.

My opinion is that it's a matter of balance. Ideally Leo would be able to publicly document all the facets of spirituality, not just philosophy and meta-physics, but the physical nuts and bolts, the day-to-day process.

Documenting the process of an enlightenment experience for example requires nuance. Videos like this can be interpreted in wildly different ways and some of them are very negative. On a human level, it must be difficult to take a high level of criticism for something you've put love and effort into. But also there needs to be a balance between utility (is the video useful for others), entertainment (does it bring in revenue for his business), documentation (is it breaking new ground), expression (embodying and showing others what you teach). 

If the balance is wrong then I wouldn't blame Leo for not wanting to continue with these sorts of videos. There are other ways to teach.

Edited by LastThursday

All stories and explanations are false.

3 hours ago, Snader said:

I have a feeling that Gandhi might have had this kind of approach with what he did, and sure it got him killed but he also had lots of positive effect in the world.

I feel that you fell prey to trivializing other person's willingness to put their ass on the line.

Why not document the raw enlightenment experiences and release them after Leo is gone?

Edited by tsuki

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

7 hours ago, LastThursday said:

My opinion is that it's a matter of balance. Ideally Leo would be able to publicly document all the facets of spirituality, not just philosophy and meta-physics, but the physical nuts and bolts, the day-to-day process.

Documenting the process of an enlightenment experience for example requires nuance. Videos like this can be interpreted in wildly different ways and some of them are very negative. On a human level, it must be difficult to take a high level of criticism for something you've put love and effort into. But also there needs to be a balance between utility (is the video useful for others), entertainment (does it bring in revenue for his business), documentation (is it breaking new ground), expression (embodying and showing others what you teach). 

If the balance is wrong then I wouldn't blame Leo for not wanting to continue with these sorts of videos. There are other ways to teach.

I would guess that he would like to continue shooting that kind of material because I remember him saying that he needs to keep his teachings at a ''nicer'' level because people want fake spiritual perfection instead of honest raw material and that Actualized.org has exceeded that level some time ago. So he is basically withdrawing with the raw material because of those ''wild and negative interpretations'' or damage those people can make.  I've also seen guys on this forum who are enjoying that raw material and would like to see it more in the future. So in theory without the damage of those naysayers it would probably be beneficial for him to keep posting those videos, but in reality because of the negative force created by the naysayers it does come down to balance like you said, which is exactly the matter I'm being curious about here.

7 hours ago, tsuki said:

I feel that you fell prey to trivializing other person's willingness to put their ass on the line.

Why not document the raw enlightenment experiences and release them after Leo is gone?

I'm being hypothetical here, not falling prey to anything.

31 minutes ago, Snader said:

it does come down to balance like you said, which is exactly the matter I'm being curious about here.

There's only one person who can actually answer the question. Perhaps when he's more established and understood (I'm hoping), it won't be so much of an issue. I liked the authentic nature of the videos, but I do question the utility aspect - other than to prep you for what to expect - I mean it's not as if you can experience what he is experiencing: you have to do that for yourself.

All stories and explanations are false.

33 minutes ago, LastThursday said:

There's only one person who can actually answer the question. Perhaps when he's more established and understood (I'm hoping), it won't be so much of an issue. I liked the authentic nature of the videos, but I do question the utility aspect - other than to prep you for what to expect - I mean it's not as if you can experience what he is experiencing: you have to do that for yourself.

Of course hearing truth from someone experiencing it doesn't make it true to the observer, that's obvious. I've personally felt there is something unique under the surface of those videos that you don't face very often. I don't know if it's just the contrast compared to his usual formal videos or that it's just ''nice'' to see that kind of vlog styled material from a guy who's teachings you dig, I don't know. But yeah, from logical perspective I also don't see much of honest value there if we look at the negative consequences.