Laurens

Biggest Painpoint

3 posts in this topic

Hey Guys, 

what do you think is the number 1 "biggest" paint point in self-development?

This can be viewed from multiple perspectives: 
- Personal: Which is the your number 1 problem?
- Tribal: Which is the problem which hold back a lot of people in your environment?
- Society: Which is the problem which hold back a lot of people in your country?
- Quantity: Which is the Problem which holds back most of human to consciousness worldwide?
- Quality: Which is the problem which holds back a lot of very already developed individuals?

Please use this template to answer and elaborate on your answers:
- Personal
- Tribal:
- Society:
- Quantity:
- Quality:

Please use this template to answer and elaborate on your answers:
- Personal: If someone scold you in public for no reason, what would you do? They scold you, laugh at you? Would you fight back? So i tell you 'Love is all there is' is bs.

What if someone defame your company? defame your family members? Are you going to sit by and just let them insult your loved ones while you love them with beaming eyes?

What if someone is going to hurt you with a knife?

Personal development goes down the drain when it comes to your own survival.

Regarding self-development pain-points:

Personal: Fear of inadequacy. Most people have experienced embarrassment. Many people have experienced shame or humiliation at failure (e.g., inadequate knowledge). The fear of inadequacy is a personal pain point in my self-development.

Tribal: ‘Working smarter, not harder.’ People may lack the resources to learn new methods—and people around me sometimes act like one-trick ponies. For example, I frequently observed this in-person dialogue: two people would have a discussion, and both individuals would have a valid point. Both positions would generalize some personally meaningful experience or a contextually meaningful message from a trusted authority. Neither person would effectively affirm the point of the other person. Both people would get frustrated and repeatedly try to hit one another over the head harder and harder with their ‘point.’

Second example: I live in Alberta, Canada. Until COVID, I saw “I love fossil fuel” signs daily. ‘We need to work harder on developing oil, like the good old days (never mind that stupid-idiot-in-the-butt inadequate “renewable energy”). We have to protest harder and harder to communicate that Alberta has the cleanest oil development in the world. Never mind the Xenoestrogens in the fracking detergent. And please ignore the recent earthquake, where there is no geological fault line.’

Society: When I listen to legislators debate in my Country, I cannot help think that politics is a sports game. The parties play off the indoctrination handed down by previous generations. ‘Those kinds of people have already made a mess of everything in the past, and here they are again.’ Sometimes, listening to other people is not easy.

Quantity: I do not know the research. 

Quality: Tenuously, I think that some highly self-developed people may lack the integration of simple values like humility. New circumstances might expose fundamental flaws. 

Example 1: Diogenes the Cynic made a virtue of poverty. But a pain point, for some self-developed people, maybe that philosophy becomes a luxury they cannot afford.

Example 2: One of Emperor Constantine’s sons wanted to rebuild an old Roman religion. He encouraged the priests of a certain god to show mercy and serve the poor, but this scheme of religious revitalization failed. The ancient religion traditionally taught about caring for the poor, but it lacked requisite respect for each individual's divine image (citations lacking). 

Example 3: Many people erroneously believe that the “dark ages” technically means the medieval ages, when even small villages built massive gothic buildings to tell poetry of light. St. Thomas Aquinas interpreted ancient philosophy of causality from the perspective that  “goodness” is convertible with “existence” in the 1200s. As Leo points out, many people today never learn what the word “good” even means.

Example 4: Communes are a mixed bag. There are many examples of small communistic communities—like families who share everything in common. However, some communes become like cults, and leaders become sexual and financial predators. 

Self-developed people may sometimes lack the integration of simple values like humility.

Edited by RobertZ