Keeping Faith

4 posts in this topic

Hey, lately I have been having problems with keeping faith in  myself and my meditation practice. The thought "Enlightenment? Freedom from suffering? What is this bullcrap? I am wasting my time."  keeps coming back and I notice that slowly I am starting to doubt myself and my practice. I am starting to lose faith. And I worry that eventually this will stop my meditation practice and self actualizing altogether. 

I was wandering if any of you  have had doubts like this and how you have dealt with them. Advice will be greatly appreciated

[insert quote here]

This journey is long and many times one starts losing hope. Those are the moments when patience will be needed. Patience is nothing but a fragrance of trust. The real patience is positive, active, creative. The real patience is not just a laziness. It is radiant with hope. It is throbbing with life and zest and enthusiasm.

The mind will try to frustrate. The mind will bring a feeling of hopelessness, because once a person becomes hopeless all search is lost. Then he simply leads a routine life, a mundane, mediocre life.

@mr lenny

It's maybe an expression of the ego's need for a quick fix.

43 minutes ago, mr lenny said:

I was wandering if any of you  have had doubts like this 

Yes, but I don't believe them.  

You can look it this as another opportunity to practice, or you can let it bring you down by getting frustrated with it.

If you look at this an another opportunity to practice then you can see that this IS the path to enlightenment itself, disidentification with finite objects.

46 minutes ago, mr lenny said:

Advice will be greatly appreciated

Notice the thought.  Think about it, think about how it's not really doing anything positive for you.  Hold this information up in light of your highest values and goals and then create a more positive thought and literally burn that new idea into your mind every time you notice the negative thought.  Eventually the thought will go away and be replace by a new tendency to think positively about spiritual work.