Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Richard Alpert

Raw Food / Vegan

9 posts in this topic

Yo, I´ve been leaning toward vegetarianism for a couple of years. I dont use milk products and the only animal proteins i use is fish and rarely chicken.

I´ve heard several people saying that they have been feeling amazing after turning to raw foods. I would be curious to try for like a month-or two and see how it goes.

I have been listening lately a lot of dr robert morse. I like his message but im not sold 100%.

My main concerns are

-not getting enough calories, im 180 pound male with a very active lifestyle so i should probably consume somewhere around 3000 calories a day at least

-how to make sure to get enough calories all the necessary nutrients? I feel like from salads, juices, smoothies, nuts etc. hard to get filled enough. Or then should eat something like every 3 hour.

-i wouldnt want to lose any strength

Is there any vegans, raw food dudes/gals here? I would appreciate ur opinion.

Hi! I'm vegan and I just joined this forum. In the past i have tried being raw vegan several times because I've been inspired like you by powerful influencers on the internet. It is definitely possible to get enough protein and calories on a vegan diet without difficulties, on a raw vegan diet I don't honestly know. From my own personal experience it was never sustainable for me as I felt deprived, always hungry and my muscle recovery was very slow. Compared to on a whole foods vegan diet my muscle recovery was much faster than it had ever been on a standard meat eating diet; probably due to the much larger amount of antioxidants, complex carbohydrates for proper glycogen restoration, B-vitamins and anti-inflammatory protein sources I was having.

I have been vegan for two years now with a diet mostly focused around whole foods which makes me feel my best. Starches, vegetables, fruits, whole grains, beans and legumes and some nuts and seeds. I would recommend looking into it by searching for the plantbased doctors and what they recommend for longterm success:

Forks Over Knives Documentary (combined medical advice from all these doctors put into a practical perspective) http://www.forksoverknives.com/

Dr Michael Gregor of Nutritionfacts.org http://nutritionfacts.org/ 

Dr John McDougall, author of the Starch Solution and The Healthies Diet on the Planet https://www.drmcdougall.com/

Dr Michael Klaper, author of The Pleasure Trap http://doctorklaper.com/

Dr Caldwell Esselstyn, author of Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease http://www.dresselstyn.com/site/

Dr Neal D Barnard, author of Dr. Neal Barnard’s Program for Reversing Diabetes and founder of Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine. http://www.pcrm.org/

... and many more, these are just a few of the best i could remember on hand. Hope this helps and good luck to you!

To be a vegetarian is a hard work and it needs permanent medical supervision - especially if you're just begin this way :)

Raw Vegan is probably the cleanest fuel for your body. I myself consume about 80% raw and my life has changed around since i started taking care of my body and health through a more plant-based/unprocessed approach. The closer to nature you consume, the more efficient will grow and thrive.

B R E A T H E

@Richard Alpert

Your best bet would be to just start experimenting mate. If you can go from eating meat straight to vegan, that's awesome, but what works for you will take you some time to settle on. Not getting enough calories is a very real concern, especially as an active male. Eating raw vegan requires a lot of time to eat, a lot of people overlook that. Do you have that much time to devote to eating? Then there's the fact that raw plant foods are generally very fast digesting so you will likely be hungry often.

Karoline has given some good links to check out, but you will also need to investigate this with your lifestyle in mind. I'm relatively active and for myself, a HCLF diet just doesn't suit. I can sit for one hour and smash 1kg of beans and veg and still not be satiated. I need fat to remain sane and that's why I ALWAYS have tahini in my cupboard.

Edited by Break the Chain

I dont fully agree with superwoman, it can be true if you are going vegan but for vegeterian, i just became one from one day to another.

Ofcourse you shouldnt eat chips whole day, do some research but no need for medical supervision.

Richard, my good man, allow this to be simple. I've been vegan for many years and it's easy and I get a physical every year. No issues ever. I run 5-10 miles every morning and workout 4 days a week. I feel like I'm half my age both body and mind.           Here's the simple path - get yourself some Raw Meal vegan Protein mix With Greens off Amazon. Blender that sweet healthy powder of love with ice, peanut butter and a banana. Drink 3 or 4 a day. Simple. Done. Now, once you have that down and can let go of any thoughts about not getting enough this or that - add in berries if you like, veggies, etc. Whatever. That Raw Meal mix has everything you need. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

On 10/16/2016 at 7:28 PM, Superwoman said:

To be a vegetarian is a hard work and it needs permanent medical supervision - especially if you're just begin this way :)

This is downright false. Research deeper into topics before making bold claims that are mostly just myths from mainstream society.

Edited by Live Life Liam

I'm going fully raw whole plant-based by the start of 2017 hopefully. I can't wait to feel pure and light as a feather again.

B R E A T H E