actualized1

Borderline Personality Disorder

9 posts in this topic

@actualized1 The standard treatment is therapy and medication. I highly recommend a consistent meditation practice to deal with this issue, because as awareness increases, a lot of disfunctional behavior will eventually disappear.

On 25/9/2016 at 11:26 PM, Capethaz said:

@actualized1 The standard treatment is therapy and medication. I highly recommend a consistent meditation practice to deal with this issue, because as awareness increases, a lot of disfunctional behavior will eventually disappear.

thank you

@actualized1

I'm personally very skeptical about these diagnoses.  I don't think we yet have a very good understanding of the mind at all.  I would think very carefully before committing to any kinds of therapy, research the stats and get some inside info on the effects of the medication.   

@kurt I'm preparing to be a medical student and I agree 100% of what you said. But the mainstream treatment is what I said. 

I first related what I'm going through with that but now I realized that what causes me the loss of personality state is actually the sound around me, of any volume.

With ear plugs I'm quite "on earth" but without them it's just horrific.

Anyone with a theory? thank you

Hyperarousal can cause high sensitivity to sounds, noise, lights, tastes & scents. You might also be a HSP (Highly Sensitive Person). Many people diagnosed w/ BPD are HSP, but not all HSP are BPD. I think the most obvious suggestion would be to invest in a pair of noise canceling headphones. A white noise machine would also help. Ofc this won't cure it but can help tremendously. 

Apparently the best therapy for that is DBT dialectical behaviour therapy.

Wisdom is settling in and experiencing reality in the moment.