Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
UpperClassWhiteBoy

Pickup Or Nah

6 posts in this topic

I have never been good with girls and have a fear of approaching although i have had a few successful sets. I constantly fear about it which is bad because it is distracting me from the present. I am a personal development newbie and I consider it a problem in my life. My concern about either to do it or not is based off the fact that i know another human being can't offer me fulfillment, so should I even bother? What advantages are there to having relationships?  

So like in enlightenment you have to ground the concept (in this case the concept that fulfillment is not obtained through another) in your own direct experience to feel the power of that truth.

so technically it is possible that one can use awareness alone to get rid of shyness to the point that talking to girls does not evoke any fear

@UpperClassWhiteBoy 

Just to say, whenever you do something new and you see the positive result of that being something you highly desire, then fear is inevitable as youve built up that thing in your head. 

So get out of the habit of thought that says to do pick up i need to get rid of fear first, you cant get rid of fear so you have to work with it and accept it. If you go out for a night and approach 10 different woman, by the time you get to the 10th one youll notice how much your fear has gone down, because now youre no longer living through the concept of what you think it will be like you wouldve done it. 

On 23/09/2016 at 3:00 AM, UpperClassWhiteBoy said:

I have never been good with girls and have a fear of approaching although i have had a few successful sets. I constantly fear about it which is bad because it is distracting me from the present. I am a personal development newbie and I consider it a problem in my life. My concern about either to do it or not is based off the fact that i know another human being can't offer me fulfillment, so should I even bother? What advantages are there to having relationships?  

It's gonna offer you SOME fullfilment, and it's gonna offer you a lot of life lessons.

Also, the person you are is anyway a machine of desire - enlightnement is simply recognizing you are not the person - but there is still gonna be a person and it will want a lot of things - and helping it achieving them may help the enlightenment because when you have too much wants your mind is disturbed and you can't even focus normally. :)

TLDR : just do it ! :)

On 9/23/2016 at 8:00 PM, UpperClassWhiteBoy said:

i know another human being can't offer me fulfillment

Correct. Fulfillment is internal.

On 9/23/2016 at 8:00 PM, UpperClassWhiteBoy said:

so should I even bother? What advantages are there to having relationships?  

Two words. Sexual energy. A man or woman can be strong on their own, certainly. But when two people already satisfied with themselves come together, the effect is far more powerful than 1+1.If you want to be a man in your prime, you need a good woman. And if you want a good woman... pickup is one of the most effective routes toward being able to get them.

Also...

• Companionship
  • Lots of sex
  • Support during tough times
  • Support during good times as well ie. 'growing together'. Social pressure is a very strong motivation and it doesn't always have to be bad.
  • Exposure to new types of thinking and paradigms.
  • They can point out aspects of yourself that you never realized. Even if you've been doing a fair amount of conscious work
  • Learning to more fully connect and communicate with people in your life.

If these aren't that appealing, then you should probably opt out. No shame in bachelorhood. A lot of relationships are dull, codependant and dragging the partner down. Achieving a relationship like the above is not simple nor is it easy but it is certainly possible.