Mesopotamian

Are The Founding Fathers America's Own Modern Time Saints?

6 posts in this topic

I was watching a documentary about Adam Smith, and in that documentary discussed how the founding fathers relied on smith's philosophy heavily. It also talks about the congress library, and how it was re-established after the British burned it in 1815, and how Thomas Jefferson has donated his own books to be the core of the new library of congress.

I sensed that the founding fathers are like the modern day's prophets, or the saints of America, because the way they talk about them , and the way they want to preserve their possessions, like for example how they are trying to re-assemble the original library of Jefferson since 2/3 of its books were burned again in 1850s. It is similar to how other nations take care of what left of their founder's life.

I remembered when Leo talked about Structure VS Content, and in a sense Muhammad and his inner circle are considered the founding fathers of Islam, so as Jesus and his disciples. I can see now that there's little distinction when it comes to which school is better, America, Islam, or Christianity, while before, I would see America as a progressed place or nation, while Muslims and Arabs are backwards closed-minded people/nations.

I came to believe that what the fathers of these schools have done is giving their nations a blueprint of how to progress, but there will always be there sort of infinite amount of work or improvements to be done.

Edited by Mesopotamian

I can definitely see it. I think you're on to something. There are some people who mythologize the founding fathers and assume that they did everything right while there are also people who are willing to critique the founding fathers and point out their less than perfect sides, similar to how people reacted to saints in churches. The country in terms of the institutions structuring is like a stage orange church. 

I have faith in the person I am becoming xD

https://www.theupwardspiral.blog/

Yes, saints.

Who happened to own slaves ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Given that religion and nationalism both fit under the 'group ego' category, the point is a valid one.

The fatal flaw is that even the most inspired political/religious dogmas become outdated. For example, what did the 'founding fathers' have to say about climate change? Or what did they mean be 'the right to bear arms' in relation to modern weaponry?

I want to let Jesus off the hook, though, as he never condoned Christianity, nor did he have anything to do with it. Islam was built from the ground up as both a religion and a political system, but Jesus had the political aspects added on by other people.

23 minutes ago, No Self said:

I want to let Jesus off the hook

I heard Jesus kicked a squirrel once ;)

Actually, in the Bible it is written that when Jesus was young he had a mean temper and he had spiritual powers, so when a kid angered him, Jesus cursed the kid to death, and the kid fell dead.

Your saints ain't as innocent as your fantasies portray them to be.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.