Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Raptorsin7

Dr. Joe Dispenza

6 posts in this topic

Does anyone have a concise way of summarizing Dr. Joe's teachings?

From my understanding, he's teaching people to meditate and practice visualization/positive thinking, to practice a positive state of being, so people can then bring that positive state of being into all parts of their life. It seems like he's saying that people who are suffering are stuck in a habit of negative thinking and focus on negative emotion, and these 2 things feed back on each other and trap the person in an eternal hell of bad thinking and bad emotional states. 

He has a simple way of speaking about the path which I like, but i'm not sure how accurate his teachings are, or if there are better teachers that have a more simple and complete map and more effective techniques.

Is his entire teaching like another religion, like there are people who practice zen buddhism, meditate x hours per day etc, and I wonder if this guy is just another form of zen buddhism for example. Some teachings are probably way better than others, and I wonder if this guy's found a recipe here that can be more effective than any other techniques out there.

Any other thoughts on this guy, or his philosophy of healing and transcendence.

His teachings are not about religion but rather he demistifies the mystical scientifically and the results that people get from doing his work are all scientifically proven

@arlin I mean that the same a way a person can follow a religion and get benefits from following the religions teachings, you can view Dr. Joe's teachings the same way.

Ideally this guy is like a modern jesus and these are his teachings, uncorrupted. In 2000 years people may looking at Dr. Joe's hair and think the slick back look is a key part of the meditations lol. Wouldn't it be awesome to follow a modern buddha

I've read his book "You are the placebo". It points out very well in a scientific manner how our thoughts, feelings, beliefs, changes our reality. He went from being paralyzed to recover in a matter of months. Is nothing new really and people will always move in circles with these kinds of things until they really get that "ah ha!" moment, that only fully commitment and a holistic approach experience can confirm.

7 hours ago, Raptorsin7 said:

From my understanding, he's teaching people to meditate and practice visualization/positive thinking, to practice a positive state of being, so people can then bring that positive state of being into all parts of their life. 

Isn't that essentially what all spiritual teachings aim to do? Tap into what resonates with you. All teachers have unique angles of teachings and different ones resonate at different times. You can't really shortcut by asking others if there's something more direct or accurate out there. 

The more "direct" a teaching is the more difficult it is to really define the teachings. I've read books that have changed and shifted things completely, but if you asked me to write a book report or summarize the book or what I got from it, I'd just be like, "uhhmmmm..." 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost