Beam

Brain Scans Lead To New Lives - Ted Video

5 posts in this topic

I was watching some TED videos today and I came across this informative Video that I had hoped may help some find out whats going on.

The future is friendly

This man has great points. "How do you know if you don't look?" 

He's helped many, including his own children, to regulate their ADD so that they function much better. (His daughter went from Fs to Ds to straight As after giving her the suitable lifestyle changes)  A lot of psychologists don't trust or believe in his methods though. His scans don't have enough basis in actual science or something. He's also criticized cause he's "rich" from the work he does.

I often think about how we are going to look back on medicine in the year 2090 or so. Probably the same way we, in this age, look at medicine from the 1800s, where it was acceptable to drill a hole in someones skull to relive them of migraines/headaches. 

Dr. Amen has some other really incredible videos about ADD and the brain that are worth watching.

I've seen some of his videoes, and although what he says seems incredible and very positive, he's got a bad reputation in the psychiatric community. He makes a lot of money selling these brain scans, and their supposed effect is controversial. He seems like he really wants to improve peoples lives, but at the same time it can seem like money has got the best of him. I'm no expert, but just be sure to double check before you decide to give him money.

Dr Harriet Hall from the James Randi foundation has an article worth reading about him here: https://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/dr-amens-love-affair-with-spect-scans/