Eren Eeager

Can my OCD be related to heavy metal toxicity?

3 posts in this topic

I have pure O OCD meaning I have some sort of obsessive thoughts in my head that keep going on and on and on And it is giving me a hard time to function normally. It is like I am vs a super villain monkey mind. 

It started three years ago with me being more interested in philosophical thinking and questioning. I tried SSRIs but I didn't like them, they just masked my symptoms and now that I am off them I don't feel the difference really. 

So with all this talk about heavy metal toxicity, could doing some detox protocol actually help me heal my mind or it is just a mental process unrelated to heavy metals. 

Thanks

Edited by Eren Eeager

I am the only thing stopping myself from receiving infinite Love form Myself. I am Infinite Love for god sake.

Don't know about heavy metals etc. 

But to cure OCD you have to first identify the OCD thought as an OCD thought. Write them down. Come up with a list of all your OCD thoughts. And then tell yourself whenever you get these thoughts you are not going to react to them. You will just let them arise and go like you are hearing some noises in the streets. Or clouds passing. You can't really control the cloud. You can either react or withhold. If you keep reacting you will get stuck deeper in the thought loops. The only solution is to not react to the OCD thought no matter how intense it is and often it arises. 

Best luck! 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

I had OCD all through childhood and I am getting to a point where I have a pretty much removed it. If you do a lot of this work it will start to gradually go away. However, I think there is a lot of key things that will help.

- Very Strong mediation Habit

- The ability to let things go. This is going to require more emotional intelligence. I recommend the sedona method. 

- Great diet and exercise. 

- Ability to let things be as they are. Ability to accept the thoughts and not fight them. 

- Building in awareness into times where you are getting sucked into OCD related habits. For example awareness while washing hangs. 

- Letting go of the thought that "I have OCD." You are creating and perpetuating the problem. Change that into I Had or I use to have. 

- Figure out how having OCD Benefits you. Write out the pros and cons of it and really think about it. 

I have found some stuff like NRP useful. I doubt you are going to find anything worthwhile in modern medicine to help. However, a therapist could be beneficial maybe to some, but I don't think so. It never helped me and to be fair anyone I had talked with usually did not understand the problems well. They will also continually reinforce the idea that you have it in the first place.