Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Orange

Superior To Everything Else

7 posts in this topic

Just out of curiosity, do you guys feel a default superiority to other living beings  because you are born a human? 

No.

In fact I feel that the human species is in no way superior. Who get's to determine that? Us? How convenient.

If anything we need to re-learn what it's like to live freely without an ego. Like other beings do. I don't see other beings suffering the same degree of mental health issues, superficial and petty problems that we do. We are an arrogant and egotistical species. We live in chaos, inventing problems, competing and fighting one another in mass wars, and exploiting one another for our own gain.

Other beings appear to live in relative peace, a peace generally only disturbed by our presence and activities. I actually envy other beings. That said, I appreciate the ability we have to experience life in a more rich, full way than our cousins. If only we would all drop the egotistical behaviour, stop and take a look around at the beauty of reality in stead of living in an augmented, frenzied, neurotic world of our own creation.

Superior? Not a chance.

“If you correct your mind, the rest of your life will fall into place.”  - Lao Tzu

No, thats why i stopped eating meat and i think we are not so much different than other animals. We are both products of billions of years of evolution and thats why we need to respect other lives no matter the intelligence.

Animals are very smart creatures, some of them even smarter than babies. And there's a reason (most) people don't feel superior to babies, it doesn't make sense to compare oranges with apples.

ok so in this very small sample of humans so far we have 3 (?) people no and one yes...

interesting. But you guys are a specific audience too. This could be a potential study. 

My ego feels superior yes. However I can pretty much always notice, question and work on it whenever such a situation arises.